???cel???
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on ???cel??? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok, my WRX has got 9500 miles on her, and I haven't experienced any major problems. Like any WRX driver, ...

Exclamation ???cel???

Ok, my WRX has got 9500 miles on her, and I haven't experienced any major problems. Like any WRX driver, I like to push her in certain situations, but i've never circuit raced her, only the occasional drag, and fast winding road. There are no mods, just a lot of factory options.

My problem is that the CEL just came on, during a normal drive to work. The gas cap is tight, and I understand it could have something to do with the exhaust system. Has anyone experienced a CEL similar to this? any ideas, suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

CEL

Mine came on whilst it was still stock. (it s not stock anymore!)
    They needed to re-program the ECU - apparently not a problem, just a poor tolerance in the software. After much prodding I found out that they(my dealer alone) had already had 25 of these come back like this.
    You will get a **** rental car, but it is done for free under warranty. They have to send your ECU back to Subaru to do the job though.

What you can do is take your car to the dealership and have them check the code that the engine left. Any time the light is on there is a code stored and they will be able to tell you what needs to be done. If your car is indeed stock, this will be covered under warranty.

speed safely,

Joe
    merlin916@aol.com
    "Damn.... this car is wicked fast..." ~ My roomate, owner of a supercharged/intercooled 97 Trans AM
    Mods |

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.