Oil drain plug will NOT stop leaking - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Oil drain plug will NOT stop leaking within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Regardless, you might look into a skid plate - metal, not plastic. Search "primitive" on this site....

I Support ClubWRX
    Regardless, you might look into a skid plate - metal, not plastic. Search "primitive" on this site.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you go back to the dealer make sure you take off any mods. Your BOV might be causing the oil plug to leak...

...carry on...

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by MainFrame
    I have almost 45k miles now, so it's not under warranty anymore.
    You know, the 5yr/60Kmi warranty does cover the oil pan, oil gaskets, and seals. I should have seen this sooner, but I was looking through my booklet today... The issue will then become whether you stripped it or not though.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Matt-
    If you go back to the dealer make sure you take off any mods. Your BOV might be causing the oil plug to leak...

...carry on...
    It's an OEM recirculator.. unless this is a common problem on all WRXs I doubt it's the recirculator causing the oil to leak.

Sorry man, I was just making a joke about dealers trying to find a mod that is causing any problem.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Doh!

Anyways... I guess I'll go ahead and get the fumoto for my next oil change and see if that stops the leak.

I like the Teflon idea (BTW, teflon tape is golden, not ghetto. Check it out on DuPont's website if you like. That stuff is super amazing.) But, you'd have to make sure you torque it correctly with that stuff, cause it does make it easier to turn, and therefore easier to overtighten.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12