Smoke from under the hood...

This is a discussion on Smoke from under the hood... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok, heres the deal: I'm driving home and I come to a stop light behind a motorcycle and I'm looking ...

Smoke from under the hood...

Ok, heres the deal: I'm driving home and I come to a stop light behind a motorcycle and I'm looking over the hood and I'm like "hey theres smoke coming out of the pipes...buts its warm out" and then I noticed its coming from my hood scoop...so I pull over and I can see slight smoke coming from the turbo/heatshield area, but I can't tell exactly where from cause of the shield. So anyway I'm thinking its a coolant leak, but I took off the intercooler/heatshield and found no coolant residue, but I did find some oil residue around the up pipe, could this be whats burning? If anyone has any insight let me know, it has only done this once so far...maybe it was a one time thing?
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Mine did the same thing on cold mornings.

Took it to the dealer 3 times, they even saw it smoke.

"Yep, it's smoking. Never seen that before..."

They never managed to fix it...and one fine day, it stopped smoking and hasn't smoked since. I didn't think cars fixed themselves...

Check the little oil feeder that go,s to the Turbo It could be a tad loose and need a bit of T.L.C..

Shotgun