oil changes

View Poll Results: who does their own oil change?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • i do!

24 72.73%
  • Dealership

9 27.27%

This is a discussion on oil changes within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey anybody here change there own oil? All my friends go to the dealership should I? Is it easy?...

Banned

oil changes

Hey anybody here change there own oil? All my friends go to the dealership should I? Is it easy?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you run a search or see the oil change sticky thread, with dozens of posters giving info and a link to a how-to page in the very first entry?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Anything is easy, provided you have the right equipment...

Banned
    ok i changed my oil what else is easy to do? i'm thinkin about doin some engine mods

Anything is easy to do with the right tools...and some balls.
    2003 WRB Sedan. Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    OMG!!! Do you want me on my knees or bent over? I love you

Re: oil changes

Originally posted by scoobynoobie
    Hey anybody here change there own oil? All my friends go to the dealership should I? Is it easy?
    I just changed mine.. didn't even bother changing out of my work clothes. And I find it's a little easier and the oil will drain better if you drive the left front wheel up on a couple of 2x6's or something.

Otherwise, just like a proctologist..... A pair of rubber gloves and you're all set. But if you're proctologist comes at you with a 17mm wrench... RUN!

Re: Re: oil changes

Originally posted by Racenut3.0
    I just changed mine.. didn't even bother changing out of my work clothes. And I find it's a little easier and the oil will drain better if you drive the left front wheel up on a couple of 2x6's or something.

Otherwise, just like a proctologist..... A pair of rubber gloves and you're all set. But if you're proctologist comes at you with a 17mm wrench... RUN!
    LOL!!

I just changed my oil for the first time since my car is almost out of warranty and I really wish I had done it sooner. Unlike my wife's Nissan Sentra the oil filter is actually reachable and easy to get off (my worst fear). Put in the right amount of 5w-30 oil and the car loves it! The dealership has only used 10w-30 oil in the past. With this more viscous oil my car is alot smoother in acceleration especially when slipping into first gear at low RPMs. I highly reccomend this grade of oil even if it's not cold weather out there. Can't wait to go thru 3000 miles to get some analasis on how it holds up in the Arizona heat.