Compression test air

This is a discussion on Compression test air within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was checking today but forgot to take out the fuse for the EFI, in the process of checking the ...

Compression test air

I was checking today but forgot to take out the fuse for the EFI, in the process of checking the compression, the air/fuel mixed and the car was trying to turn on. At that time, I heard a loud pop, and the compression meter flew right out of the spark plug hole. Could this have damage anything?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    It could have damaged the spark plug hole threads if it wasn't screwed in all the way, and your fender when it landed

Re: Compression test air

Also, unless it is for some reason different on a Subi, you should pull all spark plugs, disable fuel flow, and disable ignition spark to prevent the chance of arcing. With all that done, you will not have fuel or even spark plugs in the cyl to allow the car to start.

Again, if it is different on Subis for some reason, please feel free to correct me.
    '04 WR Blue STi (Stock for now)
    '95 Purple T/A (Very Not Stock)