Leave car all day for Oil Change?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Leave car all day for Oil Change? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I bought a 04 WRX from Stohlman Subaru. I am due for an oil change. I called to make an ...

Leave car all day for Oil Change?

I bought a 04 WRX from Stohlman Subaru. I am due for an oil change. I called to make an appointment. The sevice depratment told me I would need drop my car off in the AM and pick it up after 4pm. For an oil change!!!

Crazy.

I guess I'm buying a pair of ramps, a filter, and a case of Mobil one...

Any filter recommendations? Fram?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

tan
    THe only Fram I use is the Tough Guards

Other than that...Mobil 1, Purolator Pure One (almost the same filter as Mobil 1, with some minor differences),....of course OEM

k91
    OEM filter is made by Purlator FWIW

I know two people that work at stohlman and its where I bought my car. For an oil change, why not just do it yourself, only takes like 30 min max, don't even need a jack. Just buy an OEM Oil Filter and OEM Crush Washer for the drain plug, and some oil and away you go, simple. You can change your oil in less time then it takes to drop off the car and wait for them to do it.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

I am not sure if I am allowed to change my oil at the apartments I live in. I guess I could do and see if they say anything. I always changed my own oil in the Jeep I had before I bought the WRX.

I will give it a shot on Sunday.

I live in a townhouse for college, and do all my work in the parking lot - no one says a thing, but i wouldn't be sloppy about it - just clean up after and they shouldnt get mad. oh, and for filters, you could try K&N gold - HP-1004 I use them, and have been really happy - oil runs pretty clean even after 3.5k of hard driving.
    - DC
    "Let me never be accused of standing between a Charlestonian and his drink" - J. Kuhn

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.