coolant loss

This is a discussion on coolant loss within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The last three days ive been having to fill up my coolant everymornig. from the low marker up to the ...

Angry coolant loss

The last three days ive been having to fill up my coolant everymornig. from the low marker up to the full marker. does anyone know what the problem is?? my car is running fine but i i did install my stock td04 turbo back on. Please help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: coolant loss

Originally posted by YOLA
    The last three days ive been having to fill up my coolant everymornig. from the low marker up to the full marker. does anyone know what the problem is?? my car is running fine but i i did install my stock td04 turbo back on. Please help.
    Any more info? Does your overflow tank bubble when the car is on? Do you see any smoke coming from the rear, perhaps white in colour?

-Mike

no smoke and no bubbles in the resovour tank. but every night after i drive home from work, i can hear noises in the tank with the high pressure cap. it sounds like its boiling or something.

You might have got some air in the system when you did the turbo thing or other work and need to "burp it".

Remove the filler at the radiator,

Start the car and idle

Turn on the heater on high and let the car warm up completly (5-10mins. minimum)

Then add coolant slowly.

You should be able to see it circulating through the radiator filler hole when the thermostat gets warm and is open, (It might be hard to see it moving around in there, Just look with a flashlight)

Keep adding coolant (50/50mix) into the radiator fill hole until it wont go take anymore.

Put the radiator cap back on

Then top of the overflow reserve.

That should fix it if you dont have a leak.

Shotgun