Starting my car..
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Starting my car.. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey everyone i've had my car for about 8 months already and the first mod i had was an alarm ...

Starting my car..

Hey everyone i've had my car for about 8 months already and the first mod i had was an alarm system, it came with an auto start too, which is really great for cold weather, show off, scare people etc etc

anyways im worried about starter, i think its messed up a little. i would put in the key and it will crank like 3-4 times until it starts. Makes my car sound like some sort of 1985 dodge.

keep in mind in the Albany/NYC area where i usually am its about 10 degrees latly.

I know subaru will not replace it or look at it because of the auto start system .... what to do?

Thanks in advance!

SQC - 189

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    hmmm I see a correlation between all those items... but wow man a hamster? I prefer gerbils my self cus you can keep a hold of their tail so they dont "get lost", ya know... hehe it tickles

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

cnk
    It's just the weak factory battery in cold weather. You can turn the key and leave it on ON for a few seconds to let the fuel pump prime first and then start the car. That usually helps. I know that on my car, the alarm learned the start sequence when I programmed it in and actually waits a few seconds before starting the engine. The other option is to replace the battery with one with better cold crank amps.

Calvin

hmm never knew that ... thanks!!

i remember when i just got my car i was vacuming and listening to music ... i sat down in the car 45 min later n my batt was dead!

SQC - 189

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    hmmm I see a correlation between all those items... but wow man a hamster? I prefer gerbils my self cus you can keep a hold of their tail so they dont "get lost", ya know... hehe it tickles

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.