Help!!!

This is a discussion on Help!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just got a Silver WRX brand new Short Shift Manual... Unfortunately I was a little excited to get my ...

Exclamation Help!!!

I just got a Silver WRX brand new Short Shift Manual... Unfortunately I was a little excited to get my new car... THe dealer never told me about the "nothing over 4k until 1500 miles" so after about 100 miles (1 tank of gas) i gunned it (many times) I probably have brought it over the 4k mark about 15 times i dunno but i tried to see how fast i could accelerate.... now thati know about the break-in i have stopped but how bad could this possibly be??? what will it affect? please helpp.... email: jonb3975@aol.com or IM: jonb3975
    The most important mod is the girl in the passenger seat

Silver 2002 WRX Short-Shift 5 Spd

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I wouldn't woory too much about doing damage. Subaru says you don't have to break the engine in due to very strict tolerances in the build of the engine. Doing a ~1000 mile break in is more of a preventive step. Most people here have done it including myself, but many have not also. General concensus here is that it is a good idea. Don't beat yourself up over it, just take it easy for awhile.

Good luck,
    Justin
    Good judgement comes from experience,
    and experience comes from bad judgement.

don't worry about it

Unless your car had zero miles on it, or no one test drove it, odds are it is an average wrx - i.e., it has been launched a bunch of times before you got it. You should see the way people treat the car when they test them at the dealer.. jeez. Makes me kind of paranoid about my gears every once in a while.

You have absolutely nothing to worry about. The days of engines being installed without being broken in are long gone. Even GM breaks in their engines before the put them in cars. The break in period is really more for the clutch than anything else, but dont worry - its actually covered under warranty for 24,000 miles, so you're in the clear.

Speed safely,

Joe
    merlin916@aol.com

Re: don't worry about it

Originally posted by Retro
    Unless your car had zero miles on it, or no one test drove it, odds are it is an average wrx - i.e., it has been launched a bunch of times before you got it. You should see the way people treat the car when they test them at the dealer.. jeez. Makes me kind of paranoid about my gears every once in a while.
    I know from experience about that. When I test drove one, I took it out, launched it, hit the rev-limiter 3 times and much other stuff. The salesman was really cool to let me do that, since he was riding with me.

This is why when I ordered my car I strictly told the salesman "No I dont want a car with 100+ miles." Its got to be Brand Spankin New right off the boat with around 10-20 miles on it from factory.
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

i also plan on ordering my car and telling the dealer that as soon as it arrives i want to pick it up and i dont want anyone to have test driven it at all. if it has never been off the lot, how low can i really expect the miles to be on the car when it arrives? tia
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

just wanted to tell you that everything is fine... im at 3200 miles now cause i made a road trip up from FL to CT but i drove it really easy .... and i oil cahnaged before and after and its all working well.... at the oil change i had them check it all and everything is running great...
    The most important mod is the girl in the passenger seat

Silver 2002 WRX Short-Shift 5 Spd