help! my air conditioner isnt working...

This is a discussion on help! my air conditioner isnt working... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i jsut installed my turbotimer on my sti, after i finished, i noticed my air conditioner isnt working. when i ...

help! my air conditioner isnt working...

i jsut installed my turbotimer on my sti, after i finished, i noticed my air conditioner isnt working. when i drive on the freeway and leave it on heat, hot air comes out. does anyone have this problem, or know how to solve this?

best regards
    -kevin

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So by putting the A/C knob on the heat/red side your getting heat venting in your cabin??? This definitely sounds like a leak in your hoodscoop. You should adjust the tire pressure to fix it.

I hope your not seriously asking this question though!

-alex

I Support ClubWRX

Re: help! my air conditioner isnt working...

Originally posted by dashiet
    when i drive on the freeway and leave it on heat, hot air comes out.
    best regards
    -kevin
    Did you mean "cold" instead of "heat?"

See if the compressor engages when you push the AC button in and turn the blower fan on. Also see that the AC button light lights up.

Where did you splice in for your timer installation (did you splice at all or use a harness)? Check that you've not loosened a wire or ground connection under the switches -- all this assuming you didn't knock a duct off if you were fiddling under the dash etc.

Are the fuses OK, incidentally?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

i am using a wiring harness for the turbo timer. the ac, and the whole dash lights up. but when i go to turn it on cold or hot, it wont blow, nothing comes out.

ill check on the fuses and the losse wires, but which fuse is it? sorry im relatively new to this

-dashiet

I Support ClubWRX
    OK, in essence you don't have an AC problem -- you have a blower fan problem. Although blower motors can and do fail, this is unlikely in a newer car. Most likely, you've either knocked something loose or shorted something and blown a fuse. It's just a matter of backtracking through what you did recently under there and checking things, I'm betting.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

thanks ill check on that