2004 wrx rear turn signal bulbs??
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2004 wrx rear turn signal bulbs?? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I recently bought eurolite bulbs for both my reverse lights and rear turn signals.....the reverse lights are 7440 and fit ...

Question 2004 wrx rear turn signal bulbs??

I recently bought eurolite bulbs for both my reverse lights and rear turn signals.....the reverse lights are 7440 and fit like a charm.....the rear turn signals appear to be the same bulb....only the 7440 and 7443 DO NOT fit....they start to go in about half way and stop....I've tried pushing on them a bit, but I was afraid I was going to break the bulb......anyone find a bulb that fits the 04 rear turn signal?

vendeta2k

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think they're supposed to be 7443. Maybe the base of your bulb is a little too big?

I thought that they're 7440/7443 also. The are for the fronts I know. BTW, the difference between 7440/7443 is that the 43 has an extra positive lead. This is for a hi/lo function, for example tail/brake lights. While it's just turned on, it gets the low voltage, and when you push the brakes, it gets the hi voltage to shine brighter. You should be able to use them interchangeably, but I think 7440 is the intended bulb. I have 7443's in my front right now and they're working fine, even though they're supposed to be 7440.

What brand of bulb are they? Maybe they just don't fit cause of poor tolerances at the factory.

Silver Signals

Yea a good tool to find the bulbs up to 03 is http://www.sylvania.com/auto/carapp/ I want silver bulbs <nice look> they don't make Silvervisions in 7440 but I heard stealth bulbs might be getting them. Anyone used those guys? stealthauto.com <?>

I bought Amber Titan bulbs, made by APC for my turn signals. They're dark chrome color, not exactly the same as the reflectors but nice nonetheless. 7440 will not fit in the rears but the bases are plastic so you can dremel them until they fit.

Wow, this is getting stranger and stranger. I wonder if some people have different bulbs for the rear turn signals. I got around to changing them, and mine weren't 7440 at all. They weren't even a wedge type bulb. They were 1156's, or PY21W bulbs, same diff. They're a round bulb with a metal base and two little nubs on the metal base. Philips Silvervision makes bulbs for that formfactor. Weird that some people have 7440 for rear turn signal bulbs and others have PY21W.

edit: I also have the Titan bulbs by APC for the fronts.

offroad....what is the model # of your titan bulbs from apc? I'm clearing my headlights soon.....

Thanks
    vendeta2k
    Accessport + COBB SF Intake = BEST MOD EVAR!!!!!

Should just be a Titan Amber 7440 bulb. They have other color of chrome colored bulbs, like purple and red, so make sure it's amber. And if there's a part number other than 7440, than it's probably just a part number specific to that store.

edit: Whilst looking stuff up to make sure that's the model # for you, I noticed that they're now making clear/amber LED blinkers that fit both 7440 and 1156. I'm happy with the silvervision 1156's in the rear, but the Xenon bulbs in the front with the slightly dimmer than stock Titan bulb doesn't seem to work too well. Seen lot's of other drivers stop and wait for me at intersections, cause they couldn't see my turn signal. I'm sure the LEDs would be brighter, maybe i'll look into that.
    Last edited by OffRoadWagon; 03-18-2004 at 09:42 AM.

About the LEDs: I tried the amber blinkers when i first cleared my headlights and they are VERY DIM. They only shine forward so they don't make use of the reflector housing that they sit in and I was very disappointed. That's why I made the move to Titans.

Ahh, good info. Philips really needs to make some Silvervision 7440's. The titans I think would be good enough if my lights were stock, but with the HID lights, they're just not enough.

Dave at Infinite Performance put titanium blinker bulbs that blink amber on my 04 wrx sedan.. They look awesome!!! email dave at www.infinite-performance.com

I got these chrome bulbs for my car. They're not really a brand name but they've lasted quite awhile for me. I've had the rears in pretty much since I bought the car. They are a perfect match with the surrounding chrome of the housing. They have even taken an impact (lady ripped my entire tailight apart with the bumper of her truck a week ago) and they still work like a charm. B!+ch hit so hard she knocked it loose, thought it blew because it was raining and snowing when it happened and it got wet, but to my suprise, it still worked .

Front and Rear Turn signals- 7440/7443 bulbs
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2468724317

Parking lights- 168/194 bulb
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2469401034

The guy selling them is awesome. Quick shipper and great product. Later

** EDIT**
    Oh yeah, they fit perfectly w/ no modification at all. They were a little tight goin in but you shouldn't have to mod them to fit properly.

--Jay--
    Last edited by 04silver bullet; 03-25-2004 at 04:25 PM.

If you have your stock turn signal bulbs and all you want to do is to have the silverstar look (i.e. silver bulb which blends in with the reflector housing when not on, but then blinks amber when on) why not just paint your stock bulbs with a light coating of silver paint. Works like a charm.
    Last edited by cannibal869; 05-15-2008 at 03:25 AM.

on
    Last edited by cannibal869; 05-15-2008 at 03:25 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.