Looks like I will be changing my own oil from now on.

This is a discussion on Looks like I will be changing my own oil from now on. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I went to the dealer today to get it done. It was cold outside So it ended up being like ...

Looks like I will be changing my own oil from now on.

I went to the dealer today to get it done. It was cold outside So it ended up being like $60! $60! sixty dollars!

How much is mobile 1 synth anyways, they charged me 7.99 a quart X 5?

Only good part about it was they washed the car... followed by it getting rained on an hour later.
    WRB WRX: Super 16g Equipped
    www.BrotSpec.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Mobil1 is roughly $24 US in a 6-pack box at Costco. For those that don't mind supporting poor labour practices, Walmart routinely sells 5 qt jugs for $22 or less (as low as $18ish). A quart of the stuff by itself should not be above $5, and can be had for as low as $3,50 on a good day.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Sounds about right for dealer service. Except that the WRX is the easiest car in the world to change the oil on. Takes about ten minutes.

$24 in M1 + $5 filter + $0.50 crush washer + ten minutes of your time.

-Jim

Easy as hell to do....I don't miss my civic either. Changing oil on that car was a *****.
    Dom
    03 Platinum Silver WRX

Originally posted by DROB
    Easy as hell to do....I don't miss my civic either. Changing oil on that car was a *****.
    Yeah, Civics are a PITA. no matter how careful you are a little oil always drips out the filter on the exhaust.
    THE INTERNET: Where men are men, women are men, and the children are FBI agents.