WRX Spark Plug PArt #'s
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX Spark Plug PArt #'s within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Add other brands if you got em. please be specific as to what heat range, gap (if possible) and brand ...

WRX Spark Plug PArt #'s

Add other brands if you got em. please be specific as to what heat range, gap (if possible) and brand

NGK (Premium Line)
    OE Listing: Heat Range 6
    Double Platinum
    PFR6G - boxed gapped to .03"
    ---stock #4793

Iridium
    BKR6EIX - boxed gapped to .03"
    ---stock #6418

NGK (Premium Line)
    One Step Colder: Heat Range 7
    Platinum
    PFR7H-10 - boxed gapped to .039"
    ---stock #3978

Iridium
    BKR7EIX-11 - boxed gapped to .039"
    ---stock #6988

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

denso iridium:

ik20 - stock heat range
    ik22 - one step colder
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

Post Warning

If you are looking to buy the NGK iridiums be VERY careful.

A LOT of sites are selling the BKR6EIX-11's as the recommended plugs for the WRX's which come gapped to .044 which is WAY off from where they need to be.

I have been told that it's not very safe to try to change the gap by a large amount on iridium plugs as you have a much better chance of damaging the contact.

Make sure they are selling the BKR6EIX to you and NOT the BKR6EIX-11.

I ended up ordering my BKR6EIX's from Canada as nobody in the US seemed to have them...

Maybe if we make enough noise we can get the U.S. dealers to start carrying the right ones?

(My box of BKR6EIX plugs came gapped to .030 )
    Last edited by edsmith42; 03-29-2004 at 06:35 AM.

Re: Warning

Originally posted by edsmith42
    If you are looking to buy the NGK iridiums be VERY careful.

A LOT of sites are selling the BKR6EIX-11's as the recommended plugs for the WRX's which come gapped to .044 which is WAY off from where they need to be.

I have been told that it's not very safe to try to change the gap by a large amount on iridium plugs as you have a much better chance of damaging the contact.

Make sure they are selling the BKR6EIX to you and NOT the BKR6EIX-11.

I ended up ordering my BKR6EIX's from Canada as nobody in the US seemed to have them...

Maybe if we make enough noise we can get the U.S. dealers to start carrying the right ones?
    I can get them. My family's store stocks NGK.

Bil
    What's the best plug for performance gains (if any?). Someone mentioned the new silverstone plugs, but I know very little about it. Recommendations?

Re: Warning

Originally posted by edsmith42

(My box of BKR6EIX plugs came gapped to .030 )
    http://www.sparkplugs.com/results_ap...1&AAIA=1378773

great service
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

Originally posted by Bil
    What's the best plug for performance gains (if any?). Someone mentioned the new silverstone plugs, but I know very little about it. Recommendations?
    I use the cheap $2 NGK copper plugs and they work just fine. I went through the whole thing about wasting my money on iridium's and all that other crap. For whatever reason, the ej20 doesnt seem to like platinum/iridium plugs. What seems to be more important is the gapping. If you're plugs are gapped properly and installed the right way, thats much more important than spending $15 a piece on iridium's. And there are really no perofrmance gains to be had from spark plugs. I know magazines have dyno'd cars like supra's and rx7's before and after installing some new spark plug that just came out on the market, but what they neglect to mention is that the previous plugs were either fouled or incredibly old. Dont get me wrong, some engine's respond better to iridium/platinum plugs, but the ej20 isnt one of them. Save your $$ and just get some NGK copper's and gap them properly.
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

Originally posted by Bil
    Plugs aren't going to be a direct inpact on performance. They can, however help your car to manage the heat from combusting, and minimize risk of detonation or preignition.

dR

Tell the world about Sparkplugs.com Better prices on the NGK's than mentioned above, plus had plug for my manly Italian dirtbike.

Originally posted by dark_rex
    Plugs aren't going to be a direct inpact on performance. They can, however help your car to manage the heat from combusting, and minimize risk of detonation or preignition.

dR
    Hate to bring up old stuff.......

But what plugs are you running now, And what are the O.E.Ms that came with the 02/03s?

I may have to pull mine and read em and stick some new ones back in and dont wanna get raped on prices.

Thanks bro
    Shotgun
    "Speed Kills......But so do Strokes,...Sign your donar card"

i'm running NGK Plats, which are the same as what comes stock. they have a long life, and perform great.

after 50K miles, i replaced them, and they easily could have gone another 15 - 25K imo.

dR

Quote Originally Posted by dark_rex
    i'm running NGK Plats, which are the same as what comes stock. they have a long life, and perform great.

after 50K miles, i replaced them, and they easily could have gone another 15 - 25K imo.

dR
    Thanks Rex,

That's the one's I ended up stayin with after some trials with other NGK's

Shotgun
    "Speed Kills......But so do Strokes,...Sign your donar card"

Help me choose spark plugs

Need new plugs. Im currently running the vf-34 Cobb map. About 18-19 psi. Do i really need one step colder plugs. My funds are limited so i dont want to spend any money i dont have to..Any sugg..
    My money pit

So can someone explain the heat range of a spark plug to me? Yeah i know noob. laugh it up, you were where i am at one point in your life.
    My emotions, and how my car is currently running are somehow interconnected. I would hate to see how I would react if I totalled it!

has anybody tried the OBX plugs? they are selling the iridium in a very competitive price.
    The plug itself has the "made in Japan". Do you know who really made them?

cheers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.