Rear window washer on 2002 Wagon
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Rear window washer on 2002 Wagon within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello, I have a very simple question that makes me feel like an idiot. I have a 2002 WRX Wagon ...

Rear window washer on 2002 Wagon

Hello,

I have a very simple question that makes me feel like an idiot. I have a 2002 WRX Wagon and the rear window washer doesn't seem to be working anymore.

Does anyone know if the rear washer fluid reservoir is a separate container from the regular windshield washer (out of fluid....) ? The owner's manual doesn't have any details on that. I can't tell whether the electrical pump is working or not.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

cnk
    I don't have a wagon so you'll have to pardon the ignorance, but have you checked to see if the sprayer nozzle is clogged or not? Have someone activate it while you look at it from the back. If it looks clogged, a needle will help to clear it out.

Calvin

I Support ClubWRX
    It shares the resevoir with the fronts. Just a second pump attached to it. You should be able to hear it humming if it's working.

C
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

Had the same problem.

Turns out I was low on wiper fluid.

The smarties at Subaru put the fluid pump for the rear windshield higher on the reservoir than the front pump so that when you run out of rear windshield fluid you know that you're soon gonna run out of fluid for the (more critical) front windshield.
    Last edited by oystershucker; 12-29-2003 at 02:24 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Very clever - I'd noticed it was higher but it never dawned on me that it might have been done on purpose!

C
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

Thanks for the suggestion and you hit upon the solution exactly. I filled up the tank and it works. Interesting design point. I would not immediately have thought of it. The reservoir was actually still pretty full because that was the first thing I checked.

Thanks again everyone.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.