AARRRGGHH! Wife wrecked the rex!

This is a discussion on AARRRGGHH! Wife wrecked the rex! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Wife is okay thank God. Preamble... Well I called Garret at World One today to tell him that I wanted ...

AARRRGGHH! Wife wrecked the rex!

Wife is okay thank God.

Preamble...
    Well I called Garret at World One today to tell him that I wanted a full turbo back and up-pipe (had to leave a message). I didn't hear back from him and now I'm glad I didn't finalize anything. Looks like all that $$ and more is going to go into fixing the rex.

Wife ran the car into a brick wall. MAJOR damage. Car won't start, radiator is destroyed, both lights popped out of their sockets and more. I couldn't really see well because the hood wouldn't open and it was dark. I'll try and take pictures once I get the car to a body shop.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    sucks man! How'd she wreck it?
    2003 SRT-4

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Damn women
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    sucks man! How'd she wreck it?
    She was turning into a parking lot at a speed that was apparently waaayyy too fast. The car started to turn wide and so she took her foot off the gas. She then plowed into a brick median that divides the parking lot driveway. From the looks of it she hit the corner of the median head-on. Looks like someone cut a big V out of the hood of car.

The real killer is that I almost always drive the rex. We switched cars this week because I had to drive the carpool. Our Jetta seems to have more room so I drive it when I need to take passengers. Too bad it wasn't the Jetta that was damaged - I'd love to have an excuse to replace it.

The good news is that the boxer engine is mounted so low and close to the firewall that I think it's okay.

women drivers...
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

Women driver or not, accidents do happen and they're not intentional; hence, it's called an "accident."

Glad your wife is okay. Sorry to hear about your car, but that's always replacable...a human life isn't. The way I see it, you came out on top
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Originally posted by WRXin'
    Women driver or not, accidents do happen and they're not intentional; hence, it's called an "accident."

Glad your wife is okay. Sorry to hear about your car, but that's always replacable...a human life isn't. The way I see it, you came out on top
    ALMOST ALL accidents can be prevented. Like Sarcasmo said, she was clearly driving a TAD too fast for her own good.
    Sarcasmo, I take it your wife is alright, and I am glad that she's ok.
    cars are cars and we love them dearly....
    but women....we cannot replace the good ones, bro!!
    -STomp
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

Originally posted by wrxlude
    cars are cars and we love them dearly....
    but women....we cannot replace the good ones, bro!!
    -STomp
    Indeed. Like everyone said, I'm very glad my wife is alright. Hopefully some body work will make the rex good as new.