Clutch pedal
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Clutch pedal within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello everyoneeeeee, Have a bit of a prob with my clutch pedal. Driving my wrx today i felt the pedal ...

Clutch pedal

Hello everyoneeeeee,

Have a bit of a prob with my clutch pedal.

Driving my wrx today i felt the pedal felt softer ie i needed less pressure to push it in.Then also after pushing it in a couple of times it stayed down and never came up.So i had to pump it to bring it up.

It never occured again but i still feel the pedal a bit mushier.....

What could the prob be and dont tell me ive burnt my clutch please lol......................

Sonia

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It could be a problem with the hydraulic actuation system. Check your clutch fluid - a little resevoir back near the brake fluid resevoir.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

your clutch and brakes use the same reservoir.

I Support ClubWRX
    Huh? Mine does? Then what the heck is the little resevoir marked "Use only brake fluid from a clean container" for? On the left below (right is brake/?clutch? resevoir).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails clutchres.jpg  
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1993 Honda CBR600F2

Thanks Gv27,

Will check out the reservoir this morning.

However do wrxs have master and slave clutch cylinders ?

And if so could these be failing.....?

Sonia
    Last edited by sonia767; 12-23-2003 at 11:21 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes they do - and it is possible. It sounds like air in the system which could be caused by two things - one, your clutch is getting pretty thin, so the level in the resevoir has dropped to the point it has emptied out and sucked air down into the system or two, you've got a leak somewhere that is either letting the fluid get too low or actually pulling in air.

I'm moving this to maintenance and service - the regulars in there can probably be more helpful on this issue.

Chris

1993 Honda CBR600F2

Hey Gv27,

Just a follow up.Checked my reservoir and the fluid qty was ok.

Have driven the car since and the clutch pedal seems to have returned to normal.

Havent had a reoccurence of the prob since....maybe was only a transient prob.

Thanks again anyway.

Sonia

I Support ClubWRX
    Could have been you got the fluid really hot and it boiled......not sure how you'd do it in a clutch though - that's normally a brake things. But the systems are pretty much the same......dunno.

1993 Honda CBR600F2

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.