Service Questions

This is a discussion on Service Questions within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; the Subaru is my first car and i got under 9000K miles on her ... i havnt taken it in ...

Service Questions

the Subaru is my first car and i got under 9000K miles on her ... i havnt taken it in for service in subaru ... i've changed the oil and all that stuff on my own ... im worried about when i should change my brakes ... also i dont want to take it in because i got xenons, a new front end (because of car accident) , after market tail lights etc etc etc

what do you people suggest!

SQC - 189

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    hmmm I see a correlation between all those items... but wow man a hamster? I prefer gerbils my self cus you can keep a hold of their tail so they dont "get lost", ya know... hehe it tickles

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If you have coated bulbs (that look "blue" or "hyper-white" or say something like 55W=85W and so on), remove them and get the correct bulbs for the car so that you can see like you used to and others are not affected by blue glare. You could go to yellow 55W max (prefer lower power though) H3 bulbs in the fog lamps if you wanted to use some sort of colour at all costs, though the whites provided work as well as the lamp position and beam pattern allows probably.

Adjust the dipped beam to hit the top of the rear boot lid of a car 20 m in front of you (for me, that is +3/4 rev on the adjustment screw).

As for the service, keep all receipts and follow the service schedule in the owner's manual. I check brakes, exhaust, links, steering, wheel bearings, and all the undercarriage when I rotate wheels (every 7500 according to the manual). Document the date you do all required service, and your warranty will be in effect provided you follow the schedule dictated.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

no i have a who HID kit ... and as for as serivce i was stating that i dont want to bring it in for service because im afraid of them cancelling warranties because of all the junk i have on my car

SQC - 189

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    hmmm I see a correlation between all those items... but wow man a hamster? I prefer gerbils my self cus you can keep a hold of their tail so they dont "get lost", ya know... hehe it tickles

I Support ClubWRX
    If you have chopped up your wiring you wil not be able to make electrical claims in good faith.

If you have not modified something and there is a failure not caused by something you have modified, it should be covered by your warranty provided you have kept maintenance records and can document all required service.

Example: You have spliced into your headlamp wiring for whatever reason. Your wiring shorts and fries your entire front harness. You get to pay for a new harness. If your turbo fails, SOA ought to replace it *if* (and only if) you have followed the maintenance schedule in the owner's manual and can document timely oil changes with the correct API oil and filter etc.

This is universally true except when it is not... Most people with a decent human being behind the counter at their dealer's have no troubles, while others have faced real disasters.

Check the maintenance sticky posts for what people do to maintein their cars, when, and how different people document it.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.