MIS-FIRE (coil pack assembly)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on MIS-FIRE (coil pack assembly) within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I did a search here but found only 1 message. So, has anyone heard of this - had this problem? ...

MIS-FIRE (coil pack assembly)

I did a search here but found only 1 message. So, has anyone heard of this - had this problem?

I have 34000 m on my 2003 WRX. The check engine light came on steady last week. (Yes, my gas cap was tight). I had about 1/4 tank of gas, only thing was - it was COLDER than anything outside that night.

Well, 2 days later it turned off on its own. I did call the dealer who said not to worry as long as drivability isnt't affected. (it wasn't).

So, i had a chance today so i dropped the car off. The service department called me to tell me that Cylinder #4 was mis-firing and i needed a Coil Pack Assembly replacement. (warranty, thank goodness).

So, that is done and I feel better that I took it in. I'm just wondering what this means and if anyone else had this problem. I drive agressive but I don't redline every day or anything.

Only "mod" is I removed the intake silencer around 60 days ago. Also, I use synthetic motor oil.

H E L P ! P L E A S E !!

-Blue Ru <Suba>

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had that same problem on my early 02 WRX around the 30K mark. They replaced the faulty plug, boot, and coil pack under warranty. I can't say how long it would have worked as the car was totalled at 37637 miles.
    I'm not sure if is actually a problem though. It may be that the ECU is too sensitive and trips the CEL when it shouldn't
    I think some dealers have sent the ECU out for reprogramming to fix it permanently.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.