20w50 Too thick?

This is a discussion on 20w50 Too thick? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; In my old school MR2 (87), i used to run Castrol GTX 20w50 and had no problems with it. I ...

20w50 Too thick?

In my old school MR2 (87), i used to run Castrol GTX 20w50 and had no problems with it. I live in Florida in the panhandle. Winter temperatures rarely go down below 20 deg. I was wondering if the 20w50 would be too thick for the winter, or if i should change it to a lower weight in the "cooler" months. If so, what weight would be suggested?
    You shut your MOUTH when you're talkin to me!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Do a search for oil. Off the cuff I think that does seem heavy personally. Even in the summer here ( IL ) I tend to use 10W, they cover the topic and there is a wide range based on location, but do a search and you'll find some good info.

Para

When i did the search, before posting this thread, i couldnt find anything on anyone using/not using 20w50. I'll probably end up using 10w40 anyway, and thanks for th opinion
    You shut your MOUTH when you're talkin to me!