fuel filter locale
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on fuel filter locale within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; where is it located in the engine bay? i don't think it's in the manual Thanks folks dR...

fuel filter locale

where is it located in the engine bay? i don't think it's in the manual

Thanks folks

dR

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you go under the driver's side of the car and follow the three fuel lines from the tank, the bottom line (easy to see when they branch apart) is the pressurized fuel line. It goes into a short hose with clamps on either end. This line goes to the fuel filter, which is held in the fuel filter cup. The fuel filter assembly literally looks like an upright cup. Make fure you pull the fuel pump fuse with the engine running to depressurize the fuel system before you get started! Why are you replacing your fuel filter already?

the fuel filter is on the top of the bay FYI, no need to get under or jack up the car.

subaru told me it was part of the 15K service. the reality of it is, it doesn't need to be replaced till around 50K miles. i'll do mine around 40 or so.

did all the other work. oil change, rotated and balanced tires, replaced air filter etc.

thanks

dr,

How about a pic of the fuel filter so we can find it.
    Did you mishear the subaru guy? 50,000 miles sounds better to me.

-Jim

i'll be taking pics of betty this weekend. i'll snap one of the bay and mark it off.

the subaru guy said it was part of the 15K service. he then quoted me $285 for the service

i actually said to him "you've got to be sh*tting me!!" it included a rotate and balance, air and fuel filter, oil change, and get this, "we'll top off all your fluids for no extra charge" give me a break! the monkeys at jiffy lube do that when they do a $20 oil change! btw, that doesn't include synthetic oil. so be prepared to add another $2.50 a quart (times 4.5 quarts)

"we'll inspect everything that only a subaru person would know"

what a load of shi+. i got the entire job done for $75 at Direct tire (no fuel filter or air filter...), who also vacuumed the interior and shined my tires. i put the air filter in (25 seconds) and the fuel filter was put off because Natick Subaru is insane.

the fuel filter looks like a 8 minute job tops.

if your standing at your bumper looing under the hood. look out at about 2 o clock, just to the left of the washer solvent reservoir.

painted black, can't missi it (if you've seen one i should say)

dR

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.