50,000 to much?

This is a discussion on 50,000 to much? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i found a 02' black rex sedan with 57000 miles on it. he said it is in excellent condition and ...

50,000 to much?

i found a 02' black rex sedan with 57000 miles on it. he said it is in excellent condition and he wants 15700 for it. Is that a good deal or is it about to fall apart

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you can't get a worthwhile answer from anyone who hasn't seen the car, driven it and checked it out. If it's absolutely perfect, the price seems ok. If it's not spotless, then it should cost under $15K IMO. And knowing subaru's crap-ass paint, it can't be perfect.

Any options?

here's the options:
    Driver Air Bag; Anti-Lock Brakes; Air Conditioning; Alloy Wheels; AM/FM Radio; Cruise Control; Compact Disc Changer; Passenger Air Bag; Rear Window Defroster; AM/FM Stereo Cassette; Power Door Locks; Power Mirrors; Power Windows; Power Steering; Side Air Bag; Tinted Glass; Tilt Wheel;

None of those are options. Except for tinted windows- and I think he's probably not referring an aftermarket job - that is bone stock. Search threads for other people's opinions about reliability after 50K. My car only has 12K, so I don't really know anything about that.

i appreciate it

I got mine used with 40K from a dealer, i am up to 50K now and i haven't had any problems, knock on wood. I got an extended waranty though too.
    Last edited by zapman; 12-01-2003 at 09:22 AM.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

my 2 cents...I have a '02 WRX that has 50k miles on the clock and I bought it new. I have had the car in the dealer once before for a oil leak which was fixed under the warranty. And yes the clutch shudders like crazy (it has done that since 5k miles). If the car is on good shape than imo I think it is worth the money.

spend a little more and buy one with 0 miles

and as was mentioned, none of those are options except the tinted windows.

IMO, 50K is 1/2 of the cars life (til trade-in), and its the better 1/2, so you are paying about 65% of the price for about 40% of the car...
    Last edited by grrrah; 12-04-2003 at 09:17 AM.

I just clocked over 53K miles in my 02 wagon that I have had since new. It is in great condition. I will be driving it for another 12 months before I go back to Australia.

I had a 1994 WRX in Australia that I sold in Dec 2001 before coming over here. These cars last very well. I know guys that had 210,000kms (~130K miles) on similar aged WRXs and they run as smooth as mine did.

According to kelly's blue book, my car only lost like $3,000 by having 50,000 miles vs 0 miles.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby