Newbie WRX Reliablity Question / Poll

This is a discussion on Newbie WRX Reliablity Question / Poll within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Okay, I've currently got an Audi A4, which is starting to send me into Nickel and Dime hell (Actually more ...

Newbie WRX Reliablity Question / Poll

Okay, I've currently got an Audi A4, which is starting to send me into Nickel and Dime hell (Actually more like Silver Dollars and 50 cent pieces!), so I am trying to get a feel for reliability.

I'm interested in how many miles you've currently got and any issues that you've had that were serious.

I appreciate any help, as I'm off to the dealer this weekend to look at a WRX wagon.

Dave

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

c1k
    Ive got 26000 miles and the only problem I have had is the in dash cup holder broke. Got it replaced no problem.

28000 miles
    The hook for the floor mat keeps coming loose.
    Clutch shudder on cold mornings. But they will fix it under warranty (TSB), and it only affects 2002 models.
    FUNKED1
    GO PETTER & TOMMI!!!

My dad had a late 90's Audi A4 1.8T, at about 50k miles one thing after another seemed to go wrong.

When I told him I was getting a WRX he said "Don't get a car with a turbo, it (the turbo) will just break like it did on my Audi."

I just had my 30k mile service and have not had one ploblem, been modded from about 10k miles. I know that's not too many miles but I see A LOT of really old Subarus on the road, which prbably amounts for something.
    '02 Sedona Red Sedan
    Stage II, 115k Miles 10/13

Originally posted by Red Ride
    My dad had a late 90's Audi A4 1.8T, at about 50k miles one thing after another seemed to go wrong.

When I told him I was getting a WRX he said "Don't get a car with a turbo, it (the turbo) will just break like it did on my Audi."

I just had my 30k mile service and have not had one ploblem, been modded from about 10k miles. I know that's not too many miles but I see A LOT of really old Subarus on the road, which prbably amounts for something.
    Yeah, I love the car, but I'm sick of fixing it. I keep up with my maintenance too.

I'm currently looking at the WRX wagon and an RXS-S. Different types of cars, I know, but each have their own appealing aspects to me.

Sooby for the modding potential, RSX for the Honda reliability and list of creature comforts for the wife.

I'm sure I'll be happy with either, but I've got an appointment with my Subaru dealer on Sat. Should be interesting.

If you do buy the WRX don't pay more than like 23K.

Re: Newbie WRX Reliablity Question / Poll

Originally posted by Griswold
    Okay, I've currently got an Audi A4, which is starting to send me into Nickel and Dime hell (Actually more like Silver Dollars and 50 cent pieces!), so I am trying to get a feel for reliability.

I'm interested in how many miles you've currently got and any issues that you've had that were serious.

I appreciate any help, as I'm off to the dealer this weekend to look at a WRX wagon.

Dave

I'm at 35,000k and my WRX is a little over a year old. No "serious issues." A small driver's side door paint problem that the dealer took care of under warranty.

Check Engine Light came on last week. Then went out. I had it in for service today - dealer told me my #4 cylinder was misfiring...So they replaced the coil pack, under warranty.

That's it. I'm looking into purchasing the Subaru-certifified extended warranty for Piece of Mind.

If you're wondering 'bout the high miles, simply put - I won't let my girlfriend take us anywhere in her car - I'm about to name my car "Christine".

-Piece
    -Blue Ru <Suba>

sht
    i got 6000 and my rear suspension is riding alittle low need to have that fixed but soa is taking care of it
    wrx 04 black

workin for the man

I Support ClubWRX
    I have just under 40k miles.... nothing has broken that I didn't break!
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

30K and all is well. My car has been wrecked, stolen and wrecked, and it is still trucking without any problems. Clutch was replaced under warranty when it was in the shop after being stolen (I have an 02). Other the creaks and rattles (which there are plenty of compared to an Audi), I have had no problems at all. Most of the creaks and rattles can be fixed if you are really picky, like me.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

19K and my car's smooth and solid, even after repeated detonation from trial/error UTEC tuning. my transmission still goes to first under speed.

i used to only drive Toyota's and i'm very impressed with the reliability of my WRX

18 k on my 03. Replaced windshield OEM is crap. Had driver window adjusted due to noise. Terrific car
    See ya on the Parkway
    MODS

I used to have a -98 A4 1.8TQ avant. Nice car, but I think my wrx is a better car and much more fun to drive.
    35k miles no problems yet.
    Silver -02 Impreza WRX