WRX Oil Filter Part #'s - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX Oil Filter Part #'s within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Is anyone using Purolator PL14460 filter? I have been unable to find it. It's listed in Pep Boys catalog, but ...

Is anyone using Purolator PL14460 filter? I have been unable to find it. It's listed in Pep Boys catalog, but they don't stock it and can't order it for me.
    Thanks,
    Ali

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I buy as many Purolator L14460's white top oil filters as I can find every time I go to Pep Boys. They have to be very popular, since every other time I go they are all sold out. But they do carry them.

Why don't you have them special order you a box of them?

I aksed the guy if I could special order it and he said no because it wasn't in their computer system. The filter is listed in their printed catalog. I just bought a pair of PL14459 instead. They are the same as PL14460 but have a larger surface area. The PL14459 is for the H-6 engine.
    Thanks,
    Ali

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Prince Ali
    I aksed the guy if I could special order it and he said no because it wasn't in their computer system. The filter is listed in their printed catalog. I just bought a pair of PL14459 instead. They are the same as PL14460 but have a larger surface area. The PL14459 is for the H-6 engine.
    The L14459 is also for a 91 Honda Civic, which is what my lady drives.

Easy way

I buy the OEM filter, I don't care who manufactures it. The dealership charges $8.00 with tax. How can you go wrong? Especially if you worry about warranty crap and such?

-Rob
    -Blue Ru <Suba>

Originally posted by WRXSleeper
    i was wondering if anyone tried the Purolator p/n L14612 on their WRX. This is the part for the'04 STi and i'm wondering if this the smaller filter to replace the 080 suby filter with.
    i just bought one (PL14612 for a STi) and when i got home, searched and found this:

SUBARU OE OIL FILTER: 15208AA080
    PUROLATOR OIL FILTER: L14612
    FRAM OIL FILTER: PH6607
    WIX OIL FILTER: 51365
    K&N OIL FILTER: HP-1008
    AMSOIL OIL FILTER: SDF13
    AC DELCO OIL FILTER: PF1237
    Last edited by Quack; 07-21-2004 at 06:11 PM.

Question r u sure about dat?

I have done some research on oil filters too. On the K&N website:

http://www.knfilterchargers.com/search/appsearch.aspx

I only found oil filters for the 2005 WRX and STi...P/N HP-1008. I was told by a guy at AutoZone the same that you say: P/N HP-1004 will work in my 2002 WRX. K&N's website does not list ANY WRX or STi as compatible with their oil filters other than the 2005's.

But aren't the engine models the same anyway(e.g. 2.0L engine EJ20, and 2.5L engine EJ25)?

yep. i have the PL14612 on my car at the moment. it's small like the SUBARU OE OIL FILTER: 15208AA080

aww dammit i just installed a FRAM oil filter today.. pos.... god... I wish I found this thread sooner...

tell me, should I leave on the fram or change it asap? this is my first oil change... and with m1 10w-30 ...

**** it, i'll just waste my 30 bucks and get a new filter and oil .... **** you fram

you can change the filter w/o having to replace the oil.

Originally posted by enXiks
    aww dammit i just installed a FRAM oil filter today.. pos.... god... I wish I found this thread sooner...

tell me, should I leave on the fram or change it asap? this is my first oil change... and with m1 10w-30 ...
    Yeah get a new filter and fill it with Mobil 1. Pull off the Fram and quickly put on the new filter already filled with oil. You should be relatively close on the oil level. Check it to be sure.

yup, put on a purolator premium plus today.

Re: r u sure about dat?

Originally posted by fsidesmith
    I have done some research on oil filters too. On the K&N website:

http://www.knfilterchargers.com/search/appsearch.aspx

I only found oil filters for the 2005 WRX and STi...P/N HP-1008. I was told by a guy at AutoZone the same that you say: P/N HP-1004 will work in my 2002 WRX. K&N's website does not list ANY WRX or STi as compatible with their oil filters other than the 2005's.

But aren't the engine models the same anyway(e.g. 2.0L engine EJ20, and 2.5L engine EJ25)?
    I actually came up with the HP-1004 K&N number by cross referencing the Fram Filter! http://www.knfilterchargers.com/sear...reference.aspx

the HP-1004 looks like its the larger filter.
    the HP-1008 is the smaller filter like the one that subaru is now recommending.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast