WRX Oil Filter Part #'s - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX Oil Filter Part #'s within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; OK, he was confused! Your filter will have the gasket attached. The filter, the drain washer and the oil are ...

I Support ClubWRX
    OK, he was confused! Your filter will have the gasket attached. The filter, the drain washer and the oil are all the parts you'll need for oil changes.

I know what you mean about the washers. I just ordered 10 today!

I won't touch the everyday change thing - I had a CR250 and changed the tranny/bottom-end oil maybe 4 times in 4 years!

Chris
    Last edited by GV27; 01-25-2003 at 07:56 PM.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by GV27
    I won't touch the everyday change thing - I had a CR250 and changed the tranny/bottom-end oil maybe 4 times in 4 years!

Chris
    Bottom end you mean engine oil??
    If yes,,you are crazy,,4 times in 4 years.
    did you race the bike??
    I raced mine and as its 125cc instead of 250cc i had to keep the rev up all the time and that made damage to my engine,i changed rings between 6 hours training and 1 piston for 3 rings..
    Thanks
    Tuca
    2002 Black Wagon WRX
    315HP With the PM-ID

I bought 12 washers the first time I went to do my oil change. Now when I do an oil change I don't worry about forgetting to get them as they are sitting in my glove compartment. If you consider the cost of gas and the distance the dealers are away from me then it is a good idea to stock up on parts.
    clutch, shift, gas, clutch, shift, gas, shift, clutch, gas, clutch gas, shift... oops!

Originally posted by XRW URABUS
    Failure
    Ruins
    All
    Motors

........my 2 cents.

Originally posted by iceNine
    This site seems available on an unpredictable basis but it is a filter study done by an engineer where he cut the filters open and examines the build quality and other parameters. His opinion from his studies are that Fram filters are very poor in quality and construction. The site is http://www.frankhunt.com/FRANK/corve...terstudy.html.
    It seems that the URL listed is not working. You can find that filter study at this location. Or http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilterstudy.html here.
    "People who believe they are acting with the mandate of God, who see others who don't share their beliefs as inferior in the eyes of God, make dangerous leaders. Just ask Osama Bin Laden." - Ron Reagan Jr.

Originally posted by MainFrame
    I will never use a Fram on my car, which means I have to go to O'Rileys(sp?) to get a Wix because wal-mart only carries Fram
    I hear ya!

FRAM?............Uh,Maybe the wifes P.T Snoozer in a pinch.

MY Car?...............

LOL

SHotgun

Here's another part # to add to the list...

Donaldson Part# P550162

This is the brand my local parts store carries, he says they aren't so well known in auto applications, but are huge in industrial applications. He says they're better than Wix, which has always been my filter of choice.

Are the 04 filters different. I got the Purolator from Pepboys and it looke to be way to big. Are they different?
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Originally posted by PolarisSnT
    Are the 04 filters different. I got the Purolator from Pepboys and it looke to be way to big. Are they different?
    Subaru changed the to a smaller filter on all the turbo engines (OEM and replacement). IIRC, something about they were worried the oil being heated up because the filter is so close to the exhaust manifold.

The new, smaller OEM oil filter P/N ends with 080. The old ones ended with 060.

Anyways, you will be fine using the old style bigger filter.
    THE INTERNET: Where men are men, women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Yes. these damn filters on the 04 models look so small, they can't filter out too much particles before they become clogged. Nah, don't even know if 02-03 have the same filter size. never checked. But word of warning. Bought Napa Gold filter at 8 bucks a pop and the damn seal preventing flow-by on the inside, you know the one that presses up against the threaded part, just deformed under the heat. When I removed it, seal wasn't even pressing up against the pipe. Just shows that expensive stuff isn't always the best.

The guy at autozone said there wasn't a mobil one filter listed for the 2004 WRX, just some Fram POS. But when he looked up the mobil one filter for my EVO he noticed that it has the same Fram part number as the 04 WRX. If that is true, seems like the mobil one filter for the EVO would work on the 04 WRX. Has anyone checked this out?

Thanks,

Keith

PS: EVO Mobil one filter is M1-108
    Miss the wifes WRX, but love my Ralliart!

Originally posted by Fourdoor
    The guy at autozone said there wasn't a mobil one filter listed for the 2004 WRX, just some Fram POS. But when he looked up the mobil one filter for my EVO he noticed that it has the same Fram part number as the 04 WRX. If that is true, seems like the mobil one filter for the EVO would work on the 04 WRX. Has anyone checked this out?

Thanks,

Keith

PS: EVO Mobil one filter is M1-108
    A Mobil 1 filter for a Honda will work, it's M1-104. Note that the top plate of Honda filters are concave and Subaru filters are convex. You will only be able to get a few turns with a Honda filter before it's seated. However, I used a Honda filter when I did my first oil change and didn't have any problems.

Weird that the Fram EVO and WRX are the same part number. If you look at the STP filters, WRX = S2869 and EVO = S6607.
    THE INTERNET: Where men are men, women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Originally posted by bdoug
    A Mobil 1 filter for a Honda will work, it's M1-104. Note that the top plate of Honda filters are concave and Subaru filters are convex. You will only be able to get a few turns with a Honda filter before it's seated. However, I used a Honda filter when I did my first oil change and didn't have any problems.

Weird that the Fram EVO and WRX are the same part number. If you look at the STP filters, WRX = S2869 and EVO = S6607.
    Did I mention that my GF's car is a 2004? From what I understand Subaru changed filters for the WRX to go to a smaller filter.

Keith

Originally posted by Fourdoor
    Did I mention that my GF's car is a 2004? From what I understand Subaru changed filters for the WRX to go to a smaller filter.

Keith
    I just changed out my GF's oil, and I was actually thinking of the STP filters. For the WRX's with a build date of May 2003 and after the STP filter part number is S6607 just like for the EVO. I cross referenced that with the Mobil one part number for the EVO MI-108 and used that mobil one filter on my GF's WRX. It is VERY convenient using the same filter on both of our cars

Keith

i was wondering if anyone tried the Purolator p/n L14612 on their WRX. This is the part for the'04 STi and i'm wondering if this the smaller filter to replace the 080 suby filter with.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast