question for a friend...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on question for a friend... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My friend has a problem with his setup. Ever since he upgraded to the front mount, he's been having a ...

WRX

question for a friend...

My friend has a problem with his setup. Ever since he upgraded to the front mount, he's been having a problem where the car bogs after about 60mph. He spoke with a guy from mach5 and the guy said that he's supposed to have a return line from the bov to the inlet pipe, and since he doesn't have that, the car is running super rich. I'm not sure exactly what bov he's got, but it's an APS unit. Is there supposed to be a line with this bov?
    Last edited by WRX; 11-10-2003 at 03:26 PM.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WRX
    bump.

would anyone have any pics of an APS bov on a wrx?
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

WRX
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

I Support ClubWRX

The return line from the BOV issue only applies to "between shifts". Wouldn't have anything to do with problems that happen when at full throttle for more than a second or so.

Don't know how to help you further though - a speed based problem is strange. It's not RPM based?

If I were you I'd try posting in the "Engine Performance" section as those guys tend to know more about aftermarket setups like this than the people who frequent this section.

C
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

what engine management is he running? Did he have it tuned for the front mount? If those are fine then maybe he has a boost leak in one of the connections..
    autobahn storming scooby

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.