BRAKE light in dash keeps coming on
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on BRAKE light in dash keeps coming on within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; For a little while now when I start the car when it's cold outside the brake light in the dash ...

Unhappy BRAKE light in dash keeps coming on

For a little while now when I start the car when it's cold outside the brake light in the dash will stay on. After driving around for about 10 minutes it will go off and come back on and then stay off. Then if I accelerate quickly or make any sudden movements the brake light will pop up again.

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem and if so what they did to remedy it. Thanks in advance!

I also pull up my hand brake every time I park which may have something to do with this problem but I don't think it should matter.

Thanks guys!

-=Brian
    05 OBP WRX STi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

tan
    Did you check the obvious?

The master cylinder reservoir?

Your low on brake fluid.
    No one will truely be free until nerd persecution ends.

Talking

Thanks for your help! I added some brake fluid and that seems to have fixed her right up.

-=Brian
    05 OBP WRX STi

ya i just noticed it today... any specifics on brake fluid? brands types? im gettin on the road tomorrow and dont want to risk problems... ill have to look in the manual
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

I Support ClubWRX
    To top up just use any DOT 4 fluid. Do a search in Suspension and Handling if you want an up-rated fluid when changing out the fluid. Check the Tech. Ref. Sticky there for a list of specifications.

C
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

I bought some Valvoline brake fluid that exceeds DOT3 and 4 specs @ autozone for like 3 bucks, filled to the max line... Not only is the light staying off, but the pedal feels much more solid, and the brakes seem grabbier... I guess this is the first issue ive ever had with brakes. my subaru has been good to me, in 23000 miles and all i have done for maintanance is the following

1.) Purolator/stock filter
    2.) Mobil 1, 5 dubya 30
    3.) I threw out the K&N filter i wasted money on, for a stocker
    4.) Adjusted tire pressure

Ive yet to do the brakes, and im not planning on alignment until i get new rims and tires...
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.