Fuel Filter

This is a discussion on Fuel Filter within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well, I went a bit past 30000 miles and I figure it's about time to get a new fuel filter... ...

Fuel Filter

Well, I went a bit past 30000 miles and I figure it's about time to get a new fuel filter... I went to discount auto and the only fuel filter they sell is the purolator brand. I was wondering if there is a big difference in fuel filters, and if anyone out there has a brand they would recommend for good flow/filtration/longevity and maybe where to get it..... thanks,

hippy

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wix filters are typically regarded as a high quality filter.

i run wix air, fuel and oil exclusively. some trade publications also claim that wix filters have good resistance to fuel system treatements and the corrosian side effects assoicated with them.

if you need the part number, i can grab it for you.

dR

tan
    Never had a problem with Purolator fuel filters in my old car.

why not one at the subaru dealership? when it comes to maintence, nothing beats OEM
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

I don't like dealerships, especially the local subaru ones. If I don't have to give them any money, I won't!

Purolator is a good company, I'm pretty sure they're still around cuz they make some quality shizzle. If it doesn't work well, you can sue the shizzle out 'em. Hey if they use them for nascar it must be good right??

It's just a fuel filter anyways, long as there is no suger in your tank from your ex girl, you should be fine.

-alex

tan
    Originally posted by hippy78
    I don't like dealerships, especially the local subaru ones. If I don't have to give them any money, I won't!
    Buy it online