You think my frame is bent? Please HELP!

This is a discussion on You think my frame is bent? Please HELP! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Today I was sitting at the stop light and all of the sudden I get hit from behind A car ...

J-H

Red face You think my frame is bent? Please HELP!

Today I was sitting at the stop light and all of the sudden I get hit from behind A car hit a lady, she hit me and I hit a cab, we all got boxed in...sucked...violent impact. The thing is that the guy that caused the whole accident left the scene, fast, so me and the lady got stucked there. The cab had no damage to his car...The problem is that the damage to my car is minimal (from looks). My concern is with the frame. I have been broadsided before and the impact that I felt today was nothing like I have experienced before, the impact of the crash today was tremendous, the backlash was huge, my floors mats folded with the impact, everything flew in the car. My assumption is that the lady' car hit my car at the exact point where the beams from the frame of the car run. Is this possible? Can my car' frame be bent (suffered torsion)...ALL of the energy of the crash was dissipated (sp?) on the frame. I don't know what to do. I called my insurance, I called the lady' insurance and I will make a police report tomorrow. Is there a way to figure out if the frame is bent? Please help.

Thanks for the time....

JH

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

J-H
    Bump...

It's hard to say if your frame is bent from the description. Did she hit low down by the skirts, or what? I think a decent shop could check the frame's alignment, but I'm not sure. Sorry.

I Support ClubWRX
    Take it to a body or frame shop that has a frame robot that can precision check it.

Off-Topic - Love the ASS Avatar. I have a daughter on the way who will be named Senna in honor of the great one. My username is short for Gilles Villeneuve #27 but of course ASS carried the number to numerous victories and a championship as well, which is part of the reason I picked my particular username!

Chris
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

you have unseen damage
    go get it checked

One thing that is a tell-tale sign that you can look for is in the pinch-welds under the car. Let me clarify. Under the car, on either side, are little "lips" where your floor pan comes up into the side of the car, and is usually found between the jackstand points under the car. If there is even the slightest wave to the lip that points down, that is suggestive of frame warpage. If you were hit straight on and hit the car infront of you straight on, and the airbags didnt activate, then the odds are slim anything was warped do to the absorbers under your bumper cover. HAVE THESE REPLACED! They could be stressed and still look fine! Regardless if you think theres warpage or not, have it checked. The accident was not your fault and should not be considered so.
    You shut your MOUTH when you're talkin to me!