Engine shaking while at idle
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Engine shaking while at idle within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an 03' wrx with 15,000 miles on it and when i sit at idle my car tends to ...

Exclamation Engine shaking while at idle

I have an 03' wrx with 15,000 miles on it and when i sit at idle my car tends to shake a lil bit. so when i checked under the hood, i notice that my engine shakes a bit more than it used to. is my baby alright? please reply soon!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I love when my Rex does that.

-tp
    The 202 Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia "Silent But Deadly Ass-sasin"
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

Its normal.

I Support ClubWRX
    It's perfectly normal. The Boxer engine tends to shake more than most engines, and as the motor mounts break in and soften up it will do so even more. If it bothers you, you can get hardened motor mounts, but it's no prblem by any means.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Turn on the A/C and it will shake like a mad man. I have STI motor mounts and the sti tranny mount, shakes a lot less.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

Well alright, thanx a lot guys, i sort of thought i was in trouble there.

Re: Engine shaking while at idle

Originally posted by YOLA
    I have an 03' wrx with 15,000 miles on it and when i sit at idle my car tends to shake a lil bit. so when i checked under the hood, i notice that my engine shakes a bit more than it used to. is my baby alright? please reply soon!

shew!! i have been wondering the same thing about mine for quite awhile now it started doing it at about 3500 miles right after i put on my exhaust & intake and i thought i was fuel related because i seems to cause a sort of rough idle. but the rpms never dropped.

i guess its a suby thing then. . . these cars are strange but i like it.
    2002 bugeyes
    It just looks stock . . .

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.