Warranty runaround
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Warranty runaround within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I bought my STi, and a month later I notice a dent in the rear fender. I look back ...

Warranty runaround

So I bought my STi, and a month later I notice a dent in the rear fender. I look back at the pictures taken the morning after I pick it up, and sure enough the dent was there. So I have documented proof that the dealer sold me a dented car, and I request service from the dealership. They ignore me. I try again. They ignore me again. I tried three times to work with the dealership, and that is all I give anyone.

So the point of this thread is, who do I go to now that is higher up than the dealership in the warranty chain?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Call, SOA, don't know their number but they should have a customer service number. If you have proof that the dent was there when you picked it up then thats all you need. After my accident last year I took pictures of everything, and after they painted the car I noticed some scratches on the other side that were not fixed. The pictures at the scene of the accident showed no scratches, so obviously it was caused by the body shop or tow truck. Got the door panel re-painted, but now I have a problem where its a lighter shade then the other door next to it. I will probably have to get it fixed again. Incase anyone wants to know never go to fairfax autobody, they do a horrible job painting. My car has been there a couple times to be painted already (I think its been painted there 3 times, not the whole car though just parts of it) and I am still having problems with the paint.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

Thanks. I found the 800 number in the manual. I'll call them and make a report, but I won't ever go to Burt Subaru again. Any place that is nasty enough to sell a dented car won't take care of the cars in service either. Knowing them, they'd probably keep it for two weeks, just to let customers test drive it.

There are actually two dents in the car, but I only have pictures proving Burt was responsible for one of them.

Don't even get me started on the paint. Every door sill has dirt and bubbles below the color coat. It is just sloppy. At least the engine and drivetrain haven't had problems yet, knock on wood, since that's the reason I bought it in the first place. But then I bet nobody's put enough miles on the new 2.5T to really tell yet.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.