Boycotting DIY Car Wash
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Boycotting DIY Car Wash within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I take my car to the carwash today because I've been needing to wax it for a long time ...

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Angry Boycotting DIY Car Wash

So I take my car to the carwash today because I've been needing to wax it for a long time now, and it's so dusty here at my house I figured I should take it to the DIY carwash and use the high pressure sprayers. Well, I wash my car and dry it. Then I claybar it and rinse it off again, because I care about my car and I want it to look good. But then when I go to dry it off the second time some guy (apparently the owner) comes out and asks, "You're not going to wax that here are you?". I told him I was planning on it, and then he tells me that I can't even dry off my car there and I'm going to have to take it somewhere else. I asked if I could drive it around back so I wouldn't be blocking any of the carwash spots, and he says he owns the whole lot and I can't park my car there if I'm not using the sprayers (keep in mind I had just spent $4 washing it).

Being the non-confrontational 20 year old that I am I was just like whatever, and drove off. Now my car's sitting in my front yard collecting dust with a sticky coat of wax on it. Needless to say, this pisses me off considerably.

I think I'm going to write a letter to the editor telling people if they care about their car not to take it to the $.50 carwash because the ownership cares nothing about quality of service, his only concern is making as much money off as people as possible.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Saw this coming

I actually saw the signs saying not to dry / handwash/ etc, where i wash my new WRX. On the age comment give it a couple years. I'm gonna turn 25 here in a couple of months and the day the owner comes out to tell me to move my car while i towel dry it is the day I tell him to kiss my business goodbye. I wash my car about every 4 days, ok im nuts, but its darn dusty here since i have no garage, If he wants my 500 bucks of washing money to go across the street he can come out and let me know. I'll probably be out of the bay before he can say goodbye.

tan
    The self serve where I take mine to (Marshall's Creek, PA) lets you dry your car off. Heck they sell towels in the vending machine to dry your car.

I can perfectly understand the waxing situation, especially if there are customers waiting in line.

yea, I know he's there to make money.. but telling me that I can't even park my car around back to dry it off.. I just think that's rediculous

tan
    They guy needs to get those vending machines that sells the towels to dry the car....more $$$

I have nowhere to wash my car where I live so I just bring it to my parents house and monopolize theri driveway for about 8 hours every sunday

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX
    I have nowhere to wash my car where I live so I just bring it to my parents house and monopolize theri driveway for about 8 hours every sunday
    Yup, same here. There are no good places around here to really wash your car or even gat your car washed, so I plop my a$$ in the driveway for hours on end while my parents complain that they can't park in the garage...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Ahh, how I do miss some things about being home heh. Mostly a fully loaded garage and neumatic tools. -Tears up- Sorry about that. Yea home is a great place to work on your car.

Originally posted by paragonwrx
    Ahh, how I do miss some things about being home heh. Mostly a fully loaded garage and neumatic tools. -Tears up- Sorry about that. Yea home is a great place to work on your car.
    w0rd!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.