hig pitched squeak @ high acceleration. HELP!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on hig pitched squeak @ high acceleration. HELP! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an 02' X (of the WR variety) with 22.5k. during hard acceleration (and I mean very hard, as ...

Angry hig pitched squeak @ high acceleration. HELP!

I have an 02' X (of the WR variety) with 22.5k. during hard acceleration (and I mean very hard, as in flooring it) around 4k rpms I hear a high pitch squeal (no its not the tires ). I thought it was the belts but I tightened them up today and it still does it. I may not have tightened them enough but im afraid to overdo it. Anyone here have a simmilar problem or know what the problem is? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Up pipe leak...have you touched it at all? I have the same thing but my leak goes away after about 20 minutes of hard driving.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

No ive never messed with my uppipe or any part of my exhaust. How can I fix that? I should probably note that it doesnt do it in neutral. I have to be moving.

I don't mean to be insulting, but could it just be the turbo you are hearing as it spooling faster at higher boost levels?

Also, have you checked your belts for wear?

It has to be something to do with boost if it doesn't happen in neutral...I would bring it to a shop or try that soap trick to see if someone can find the leak...I would put money on that its a small up pipe leak and the worst thing that may happen is you might have to replace a gasket...pia.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

i had this same problem -- when i raced around the same rmp range as u 4000 + a loud hiss pitch squeek

its the uppipe, leaking

i replaced them with a thicker gasket from subydude.com

Awsome gaskets

I'll second that about the Subydude gaskets!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.