accident question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on accident question within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; okay say i get hit by some guy and he does some damage to my car. do i have to ...

accident question

okay say i get hit by some guy and he does some damage to my car. do i have to call my insurance or can i just call the other person's insurance company? does my insurance company get involved even though he hit me? i wouldn't want my insurance to go up so would it be better to not go through the insurance company at all at deal directly with the person?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You should let your insurance company know. Anytime something happens, you should let them know to cover yourself. Believe it or not, their (the person who hit you) insurance company will try to weasel out of anything they can to save them money and you want someone in a high place on your side if they do. Plus it is good to let them know in case there is a problem resulting from this accident later on down the road. if this happens, your insurance should fix your problem and then go back after the other persons insurance co to compensate them. Happened to me before, trust me. Insurance companies look out for their policy holders and in your case, that is a bad thing. You're gonna be dealing with their insurance co and you're the bad guy (you're gonna cost them money ). Hope everthing and everyone is alright and good luck.
    Last edited by 04silver bullet; 09-10-2003 at 07:28 PM.

what if we both have the same insurance company? also, if i inform my insurance won't my insurance rates go up too?

I would definitely report it then. And no, your insurance won't go up. By the way who, do you have for insurance?

i have state farm

So do I, you should be fine. They are an awesome insurance co. They will understand, and your rates won't move. It wasn't your fault. Sucks to be the other guy though. I hope everthing works out good. Make sure you get it fixed by someone who is really good, like a dealership. That way all your parts will be OEM and your new painted panels will actually match the rest of the car. Good luck

so i call state farm and they refer me to an body repair shop and i go and get an estimate. does state farm then contact the guy who hit me and let's him know the cost for the damage? sorry don't know the procedures since this is my first time.

Yes, your insurance company should do all of the contacting. You don't have to do anything.

you do nothing except keep a foot up their butt ...........my car was wrecked on may 9th by my son.....i got it back from the body shop on AUG 12th.........ins co was slower than hell sending adjusters......
    at least they paid for EVERYTHING...(so far) there are still 'details' to be fixed, but the body shop did awsome work, you cant tell it had been wrecked.....my ins was billed over 11,000 for the repairs and counting.........ALMOST makes the 533 a month premium worth it.........LMAo...because thats NO typo!
    DML

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.