Subarus Gold Plus Warranty

This is a discussion on Subarus Gold Plus Warranty within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Got a question for you all. I have an opportunity to get out of my 7 year 100,000 mile Subaru ...

I Support ClubWRX

Subarus Gold Plus Warranty

Got a question for you all. I have an opportunity to get out of my 7 year 100,000 mile Subaru Gold Plust Warranty and go with The Delux High-Tech Plan with American Mercury Insurance Company for 7 year 100,000 mile warranty. The cost of the Subaru Gold Warranty was, (SIGH) $2500, and this covers EVERYTHING, BUMPER TO BUMPER. The cost of the American Mercury warranty is $825.

I am refinancing my loan and my credit union is giving me the option to get out of my subaru loan. The only question I have is the American Mercury warranty doesn't cover the following,

brake calipers, cables, chassis, CV boots, exhaust and emission system components fuel injectors, manual clutch components, radiator, ignition components, suspension springs, engine thermostat, glass, weather stripping.

I was interested in changing the exhaust and springs in it anyway.

It also states repairs can be performed anywhere in the US.

What do you all think. Anyone out there with this or a different warranty? Think its worth getting $1675 back?

I don't know what I am going to do.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds like you got ripped on the Gold Plus Warranty

http://www.subaruwarranty.com/

I got suckered into the Subaru Gold Plan but then cancelled it soon after when I decided I would start modding the vehicle. A closer look at the total cost of the plan helped me make my decision to do this. All it takes is one letter sent to the relevant SOA department.

Regardless of whether you are refinancing or not, you can cancel the plan at any time with no penalty. I think if you cancel within a certain period you get refunded the entire amount paid, otherwise it might be pro-rated. I got a 100% refund.

-Pace
    Last edited by pace; 04-11-2002 at 05:29 PM.

The guy at the dealership who originally talked me into the plan (and gave me a nice discount) showed me a chart with the warranty claims against their specific dealership, and the entire US customer base. I think it covered all vehicles, but anyway the noteworthy point of this post is that something like 90% of the warranty claims were due to electrical problems. Various engine and transmission component claims were way down on the list. Of course, this was before SOA had any real history of claims against the USDM WRX. Anyway, his point was to demonstrate that Subarus are built tough but can experience expensive electrical failures outside of the regular warranty.

-Pace

I Support ClubWRX
    I am also getting out of this plan. They give you 90 days to get out of the Subaru Gold Plan Extended Warranty from the day you purchase the car. I am also getting my money back. Thanks for the info, PACE. I am also getting out of the Extended Maintenance Plan. You have 60 days to get out of that one. I am getting A LOT of money back. Time for some AFTERMARKET parts.