High Mileage Commuter

This is a discussion on High Mileage Commuter within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey Guys, I put 110+ miles on my WRX every day - and that's not counting the weekend! I just ...

High Mileage Commuter

Hey Guys,

I put 110+ miles on my WRX every day - and that's not counting the weekend! I just got my car in June, and I'm already getting my 7,500 mile checkup this week!!!

I've been trying my best to treat her right. I don't drive extremely high revs except for short bursts (like passing, etc.), I don't race her, I check the fluids almost every day, and I've been putting fully synthetic oil in which I plan to change about every 5K miles. Other than a few internal/external bits, its still stock.

I think I'm doing everything I can to keep my WRX in top shape, but I can't help but freak out at the amount of miles I'm putting on so quickly. Am I killing my car? Can anyone offer any additional advice to help me keep it running under these conditions?

Thanks!

-MacGomez-
    '04 Java Black Impreza WRX Wagon
    Minor mods, nothing spectacular (yet!)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I am in the same boat. I have put on 25,000 km in 6 months or so. I guess as long as you keep your fluids clean, filters changed, etc, you should be fine. Lots of older cars out there have over 200,000 km and are still running fine. I'm sure it will help if you keep the car clean in general. The paint and fabric will hold up to time better.

same here, I put about 100-110 miles daily, and I treat the WRX pretty well. I think your doing a better job than me, oh- dont forget ur tire pressure- alot of ppl think its not important, but its very important...happy wrxin!
    WHooOOSH

~ 555 ~