Fuse Problems

This is a discussion on Fuse Problems within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok, so the fuse for my auto-dimming mirror and side mirrors blew. So I put in the same watt fuse, ...

Unhappy Fuse Problems

Ok, so the fuse for my auto-dimming mirror and side mirrors blew. So I put in the same watt fuse, and it popped again, so I just went to the bigger fuse, and it popped again. So, obviously I need to trace the wires back and find out the problem. But I was just wondering if anyone has ever done this themselves, and how hard it is. Or if I should just take it to Subaru and have them fix it, but how much does that cost?

Anyways, any input would be great, and I appreciate the help!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds like you have a short somewhere. Have you added any electrical components - lights, stereo, etc? Start there if you have.

Otherwise it's gonna be tough. Along w/ all the electronic gadgets in these cars comes a great deal of complexity.

How much a pro would charge you depends on how long it takes to find the problem.

Chris
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

No, I haven't added anything electrical to my car yet. It just popped by itself.

Do you have any idea how long it would take to find the problem?

hmm... WARRANTY???
    --2004 WRB WRX--
    Still way too stock.

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    I like A/C for the sole reason that it makes the idle sound meaner.

I found this thread in a search, and am having the exact same problem with my 2002 wagon. I was wondering if anyone knows where the short in this line could be. My first thought was in the cigarette lighter itself, but it is clean.

edit: I found the problem. The center visor had smashed the power wire to the compass mirror to the frame, shorting it to ground.
    Last edited by Sundawg; 03-23-2007 at 08:53 PM.