help, where can I look at WRX oil change instructions?

This is a discussion on help, where can I look at WRX oil change instructions? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've checked everywhere! all I know is the first oil change can be hard. I don't need to remove the ...

help, where can I look at WRX oil change instructions?

I've checked everywhere!

all I know is the first oil change can be hard.
    I don't need to remove the underbody panel
    and I don't need to jack the car up.
    04 WRX Black no options!
    Helix up/downpipe, HKS catback & Bov, autometer gauges and MRT shortshifter, Bronze Rota SDRs, UTEC, tein SS coilovers, HKS type1 turbo timer, 6000K HIDs, JDM spec C front/rear lips, 20% tint
    to be installed: Mines Spoiler

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The only reason the first oil change is hard is because the oil drain plug and filter are torqued down to like 1000 ft-lbs at the factory. You need a big ratchet and maybe a breaker bar to loosen the drain plug and a oil filter wrench to loosen the filter.

Other than that, it's no different then changing the oil in any other car.

1. Remove drain plug, drain oil, replace drain plug crush washer and reinstall plug.
    2. Remove oil filter and replace with new.
    3. Fill engine with oil.
    THE INTERNET: Where men are men, women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

any pictures to where the drain plug and filter are or is it super obvious?

maybe I should stop being a pansy and go out and do it. i installed my Apillar guages with no instructions, so I guess I should be able to do this!
    04 WRX Black no options!
    Helix up/downpipe, HKS catback & Bov, autometer gauges and MRT shortshifter, Bronze Rota SDRs, UTEC, tein SS coilovers, HKS type1 turbo timer, 6000K HIDs, JDM spec C front/rear lips, 20% tint
    to be installed: Mines Spoiler

It's pretty obvious. The filter is right behind the underbody panel and the oil pan is right behind the filter.
    THE INTERNET: Where men are men, women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

The location of the drain plug and oil filter are very obvious. The drain plug is towards the passenger side of the oil pan, and the oil filter is to the right of the oil pan. If you are looking upwards at the underside of the engine, it is close to the passenger side inner fender.

-Shadow
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Midnight Black Pearl
    2009 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon 5MT - Dark Gray Metallic

I Support ClubWRX
    Try the stickies at the top of this section. One is called "oil change". The other is called "service manual excerpt: periodic maintenance".
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*