do YOU KNOW ur EJ20???
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on do YOU KNOW ur EJ20??? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok guys lets face it, we are all driving around with well... basically airplane engines in our car haha, the ...

do YOU KNOW ur EJ20???

ok guys lets face it, we are all driving around with well... basically airplane engines in our car haha, the Boxer... aka the flat..., so how do you know if ur boxer or flat isnt acting right??? im sure we all know that the ej20 is a noise maker, with the clicking valves and the shaking motor, needless to say if a " honda " motor made as much movment and noise idling it would be something to be concerned about! , but how would u know if ur boxer was misfiring? this is basically a info gathering too see who knows what, throw me ur opinion
    " The Beauty of all wheel drive"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    Your CEL will flash if your engine misfires if you are still running the factory ECU.

someone once realized they were being wayyy too paranoid...

and I quote someone's response (if I can remember it)

"Machines are a bunch of metal, something's going to make noise, and SOMETHING is BOUND to go wrong." ...Nothing you can do about it except aid in delaying the inevitable...
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

i maybe paranoid but better to be safe then sorry

your ECU should let you know if anything's wrong. the more paranoid you are, the more guages you should have. you can't tell shi+ from listening for ticking.

higher EGT's, oil temperature spiking, boost spiking, uneven rpms etc are all syptoms of bad things happening under the bonnet. get to know your car by knowing what to watch.

dR

LOL i liked that " get more gauges " hehe, i cant afford gauges right now.. those things are pricey, i just got done installing my HKS downpipe and lemme tell ya.... that was a B!tch, took me about 2 1/2 hours, but im pretty happy with the results but anywho.. im only running stock boost, and plus.. id rather get power and suspension mods before i spend hundereds on gauges

Ok so let me get this straight so you're paranoid about pinging, detonation etc. but you will not take the necessary measures to monitor these things? Before you keep adding more and more power you should at least get the basic gauges to monitor your car properly. Unless you'd rather just order a new engine in the long run, pay now or pay a lot more later. You have to pay to play my friend.

Originally posted by Subiguy831
    LOL i liked that " get more gauges " hehe, i cant afford gauges right now.. those things are pricey, i just got done installing my HKS downpipe and lemme tell ya.... that was a B!tch, took me about 2 1/2 hours, but im pretty happy with the results but anywho.. im only running stock boost, and plus.. id rather get power and suspension mods before i spend hundereds on gauges

man... u HAVE to be the biggest prick on this forum, lol bye

Obviously I must be. All I'm saying is to spend the 50 bucks on a boost gauge at least. Sorry if I came on too strong.

the roughness is really the lack of vibration dampening that a flat 4 has. All 4 pistons are fighting each other trying to pull the crank both ways. Plus, 4 cylinders in general are not got at silencing crank harmonics.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

Originally posted by BoostedBoxer
    the roughness is really the lack of vibration dampening that a flat 4 has. All 4 pistons are fighting each other trying to pull the crank both ways. Plus, 4 cylinders in general are not got at silencing crank harmonics.
    Yep, just look at my crazy a$$ avatar...
    I created my avatar.

Re: do YOU KNOW ur EJ20???

so how do you know if ur boxer or flat isnt acting right???
    needless to say if a " honda " motor made as much movment and noise idling it would be something to be concerned about! ,
    how would u know if ur boxer was misfiring? this is basically a info gathering too see who knows what, throw me ur opinion
    you ask all these questions....

and then you say...

id rather get power and suspension mods before i spend hundereds on gauges

Originally posted by KnightWRXRider
    Ok so let me get this straight so you're paranoid about pinging, detonation etc. but you will not take the necessary measures to monitor these things? Before you keep adding more and more power you should at least get the basic gauges to monitor your car properly. Unless you'd rather just order a new engine in the long run, pay now or pay a lot more later. You have to pay to play my friend.
    W3RD

you gotta pay to play. if you think that was too harsh, you're going to have a hard time on internet forums. this place is as tame as it gets. spend a week over at NASIOC. better yet, try out rsxtalk, thecorrall, or hondatech.

dR

Originally posted by CKxx
    Yep, just look at my crazy a$$ avatar...
    That config looks wrong. It's flat, but looks like it's wasting space.

If you're worried, go straight-six! Or V12, which are inherently balanced so perfectly, you can put a coin up on edge and start the engine, rev it a little and it won't fall over.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.