jackstands
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on jackstands within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Which jackstands do you all recommend? The ones I've seen don't look like they'd work with the stock jack points. ...

Question jackstands

Which jackstands do you all recommend? The ones I've seen
    don't look like they'd work with the stock jack points. Is an
    adapter necessary?

-john

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It sounds like you are looking for something that fits on there perfectly or something.

Just get a jackstand where the "dip" in the top is not too deep so you don't screw up your sideskirts when you place the car on the stands.

PS i just jacked my car up for the 1st time 2 days ago.

If you have a Harbor Freight hardware store near you, they currently have 3 ton jack stands on sale, 2 for $11.99. I just picked a set of four up to paint my calipers, and they worked just fine. They have a groove right in the center that fits the ridge of the jackpoint nicely. The only problem I had was getting the floor jack and jack stands close together enough to access the jackpoint - it's really small on the WRX.

-MacGomez-
    '04 Java Black Impreza WRX Wagon
    Minor mods, nothing spectacular (yet!)

yes harbor frieght has the best tools for hella cheap! I have jacks from harbor frieght but basically any kinda jack will work. you just have to find different jack points.

-alex

Thanks, guys, I'll check out the Harbor Freight jackstands.

-john

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.