40k too much?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 40k too much? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I am getting really sick of my celica gts, and I want to buy a wrx. The local suby ...

Arrow 40k too much?

So I am getting really sick of my celica gts, and I want to buy a wrx. The local suby dealer here has a 2002 WRX with about 40k miles on it. No mods, all stock, everything felt solid during the test drive, passed my visual inspection... Car looks clean, and one of my friends that currently drives an 03 says that it looks like a good deal... They are asking 19k for this...
    My questions to the wrx owners out there:
    1. is 40k too much if I am going to buy it and drive it hard and mod it, etc?
    2. is 19k resonable?

ps - I comes w/ cf interior, no boost gauge... Those were the 2 option based things I noticed.....

3. If the car has been driven hard for 40k, is it work it for 19k, I mean, I will drive it hard, and it will be my daily driver, so I do not want it to start falling apart on me immediately..??
    I guess I'm just asking if it's a good deal, and if it's gonne be reliable as far as tranny/engine goes... (im not an idiot, i realize that the more I mod it the less reliable it will be)...
    THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!!
    02 WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Look around. Look at private sales and dealership sales. Private sales are gonna get you the better deal. You can always transfer a warranty over to you. It's not unreasonable, but you could do better in my opinion.Heavily modded Rex's(02) go for around 23+ with 30k or less.
    Last edited by neverendingmods; 08-03-2003 at 08:23 PM.

40K is quite a bit, i'm sure there are better deals around.

If the car is in good condition, thats probably a fair price, but like everyone else said, you can probably do better. Check out edmunds.com, they have good advice for buying used cars, and gives you pricing for your region for free.

thanks for all the help guys, its appreciated!
    02 WRX

19k sounds like a bit much for that car
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

19K is way too much for that car. I got my 2002 with 15K miles on it with a few of the dealer add ons for 20K
    No one will truely be free until nerd persecution ends.

Maybe if you could get it for 16k it would be a good deal. I would only hope to get 16k for my car with only about 20k miles on it, but it had a bit of body work fixed on it.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

From what I have seen lately on used 02 and 03 ranging anywere from 9000 miles to 50,000 miles the price has been between 18,000 up to 26,000 and some of them were pricey thru private sellers and vis versa.

So I guess your best bet is to just do a little more shopping, I got lucky with my wagon. I picked it up slighty used with 12,000 miles on it for $17.000 with all most all the extras and thats about average. At least around here when I was buying.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Peace
    Kory

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by MtnManWRX
    From what I have seen lately on used 02 and 03 ranging anywere from 9000 miles to 50,000 miles the price has been between 18,000 up to 26,000 and some of them were pricey thru private sellers and vis versa.
    LOL. It never ceases to amaze me how people get a warped sense of value. 26k is more than new! But then people will be like "this computer cost $2000 5 years ago, I'm gonna try to get $1200 for it" - try $12!
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    Try private, 19 is alot dude, in new jersey there selling NEW 2002, 2003 wrx for like 21,000-23,000 with 0 down and 2000 cash back. GREAT sale. Buying a used wrx is tricky. But one like that with no options i would go 17-18000. like isaid before try private..a lot of people are selling to get STI

tom
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

i bought mine completly new , 03 for 21900

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.