What part am I missing?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on What part am I missing? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am missing a piece of hardware (my guess is a barrel nut) that holds down the pastic kick panel ...

What part am I missing?

I am missing a piece of hardware (my guess is a barrel nut) that holds down the pastic kick panel next to the dead pedal. I went to a subaru dealership but they were no help at all. They couldn't find the part in the computer and refused to come outside and look at the missing part (I will never go to that dealership again). As you see there is a hole where something should be and the end of a bolt coming out through the hole.
    Could someone take a picture of what is supposed to be there or describe it. Has anyone else had this problem...?
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wrx-053.jpg  
    <Ryan>
    '00 Silverthorn Metallic 2.5 RS
    '04 San Remo Red WRX Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

here ya go- its a little plastic push-screw
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails set18_01.jpg  
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

I've inadvertantly got the side of my shoe hooked underneath that piece of plastic that the screw is supposed to keep down. By doing that I pulled the screw half way out. I wouldn't be surprised if you did the same without noticing it and it just broke off sideways. If you grab that piece of plastic and pull you'll find it lifts off the floor pretty easily (at least in my '03 it does)

My foot is getting stuck underneath it all the time now!
    I think i'm just gonna go to home depot and get a nice sturdy barrel nut to replace the OE plastic screw-on cap.
    Thanks for the help
    <Ryan>
    '00 Silverthorn Metallic 2.5 RS
    '04 San Remo Red WRX Wagon

I always find that damn thing rolling around on the floor.
    It gets pulled off way too easily.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.