Instructions on anything

This is a discussion on Instructions on anything within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I do alot of general maintenence and r & r of normal wear parts. If anyone needs directions to mostly ...

Instructions on anything

I do alot of general maintenence and r & r of normal wear parts. If anyone needs directions to mostly anything, i can post it here. Im not trying to sound cocky or that i know more than some of you guys, because trust me, there are many people on this board who know much more than i do (especially subie techs/ those who tune for a living). I know how it is to want to work on your own car and be afraid to mess something up and i just like helping people. I will tell you the easiest way to do things but *DO THINGS AT YOUR OWN RISK*!!!! Just pm me or ask!!
    Last edited by BoostedBoxer; 07-30-2003 at 09:55 PM.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm a newbie I don't really know to much about engines except the basics. I am looking to purchase a cold air intake, how difficult is it to install. Would I be better off getting it professional done since I don't really know too much.

This is purely opinion- dont buy a cold air intake. Do a search on this site and everyone will tell you that its not worth the money for the horsepower gain. In fact, it will make you run lean and keep poppin a check engine light unless you have some sort of fuel control. Save your money and get a a good turbo back exhaust. And feel free to ask anyone on this site and they will tell you the same. If you are stuck on getting a cold air intake (i was too until i got one and it was nothing but trouble) I can tell you how to do it- its not difficult just a intimidating.
    Corey
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

thanks for your response

another question - what would be the best mod to start with; exhaust?

how bout installing a hks turbo timer? im gettin it used so i dunno if it will come with instructions. thanks