Instructions on anything
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Instructions on anything within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I do alot of general maintenence and r & r of normal wear parts. If anyone needs directions to mostly ...

Instructions on anything

I do alot of general maintenence and r & r of normal wear parts. If anyone needs directions to mostly anything, i can post it here. Im not trying to sound cocky or that i know more than some of you guys, because trust me, there are many people on this board who know much more than i do (especially subie techs/ those who tune for a living). I know how it is to want to work on your own car and be afraid to mess something up and i just like helping people. I will tell you the easiest way to do things but *DO THINGS AT YOUR OWN RISK*!!!! Just pm me or ask!!
    Last edited by BoostedBoxer; 07-30-2003 at 10:55 PM.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm a newbie I don't really know to much about engines except the basics. I am looking to purchase a cold air intake, how difficult is it to install. Would I be better off getting it professional done since I don't really know too much.

This is purely opinion- dont buy a cold air intake. Do a search on this site and everyone will tell you that its not worth the money for the horsepower gain. In fact, it will make you run lean and keep poppin a check engine light unless you have some sort of fuel control. Save your money and get a a good turbo back exhaust. And feel free to ask anyone on this site and they will tell you the same. If you are stuck on getting a cold air intake (i was too until i got one and it was nothing but trouble) I can tell you how to do it- its not difficult just a intimidating.
    Corey
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

thanks for your response

another question - what would be the best mod to start with; exhaust?

how bout installing a hks turbo timer? im gettin it used so i dunno if it will come with instructions. thanks

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.