what do you mean 'reset'?
This is a discussion on How do you reset the ebrake? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Can anyone help me out? I get nervous parking on hills and I don't park in gear....
Can anyone help me out? I get nervous parking on hills and I don't park in gear.
you mean adjust the ebrake?
go to the ebrake shoes (rear tires )
- remove adjusting hole cover from back plate...
- turn adjusting screw (using screwdriver) until the e-brake shoe is nearer to the rotor....
- turn back the adjusting screw 3-4 notches (down)
- put the cover back in place
to adjust the lever?
- take the center console lid off
- turn the adjuster (according to the service manual, turn the adjuster until the brake lever stroke is set at 6 notches....)
- tighten the lock nut....
- put the center console lid back on
"Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus
1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
1993 Honda CBR600F2
2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*