wheel shake when braking
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on wheel shake when braking within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey all, love this place great info. Does anyone experience a small amount of wheel shake when braking hard? I ...

wheel shake when braking

Hey all, love this place great info.

Does anyone experience a small amount of wheel shake when braking hard? I wonder if its the ABS doing it. I have 2300 miles so far and Im worried about it. I dont drive hard all the time but sometimes i do, how can you not with a rex! Any info would be great!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i had it. it COULD be warped rotors, but mine was simply some extra rust and oxidation on the rotor (couldn't see it really)

if you live in a wet climate, or your car sits for a few days at a time (or even if you don't brake a lot, like a lot of hwy driving) that allcould cause it.

someone suggested bead blasting them. mine just got better.

dR

i dont think thats it. If they wer warped wouldnt it be pretty bad?
    its just a little shake under hard braking nothing i need to fight. Anyone else have this problem?

Sounds like ABS to me.
    If it only happens only hard braking that's probably it.
    With that low miles and no track days or hard braking all the time the brakes should still be in good shape.
    There are lot's of places that do free brake inspections try one of those just don't approve the work that they are likely to say you need.

Mine a warped just a bit though, have you ever benn cruising fast and had to brake check, i have warped many this way.

Well im taking it to the dealer next week for my free oil change so maybe ill havem check it then, Thanks for the input guys!

its possibly the abs, does your steering wheel shake? if so, then it sounds like your rotors are warped. plus, check the balance of the wheels, they may just be off balanced.

Mine has kind've done this since I got the car... Umm...

if its abs, it will felling like a "crunching" under the pedal. how many miles?
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.