30,000 mile service - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 30,000 mile service within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Yeah Calvin...I looked there...took all of the splash guards off...still I could not find it. Can anyone post a pic ...

Yeah Calvin...I looked there...took all of the splash guards off...still I could not find it. Can anyone post a pic of the location of the plug? Is it accessible without lifting the car? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

cnk
    Unfortunately, I don't have any pics. When I did my coolant, I drove the car up on ramps. Not sure if you could see it without lifting the car as I'm lowered about 2" in the front so I pretty much have to always lift the car for any work. I do remember that you'll have to look up and in to see it, otherwise the metal frame gets in your way. It's pretty obvious once you get under the car though.

Where are you in NJ? I'm in Marlboro, if you're close I could drop by and show ya.

Calvin

Originally posted by BoostedBoxer
    just thinkin how much you could benefit from a iridium plug change.
    iridium plugs are total snake oil. stay away from them. they have a very high failure rate. stick w/ the factory platinum, copper, or maybe a step colder.

dR

Yeah I had the car jacked up on the front passenger side...heh but I was afraid to get too far under it. I'll go buy some ramps.

Marlboro, huh? I grew up in Freehold and now i'm in Hamilton Twsp.

cnk
    You definitely need to either elevate the entire front end or raise and lower the front passenger side in order to change the coolant. If you just raise the front passenger side, a lot of coolant will pool on the driver's side of the radiator.

My fiance is in Princeton Junction and I'm usually down there on the weekends. Should be pretty close to where you are so if you need some quick assistance, I can probably drop by and point it out to you. I don't think you'll have any problems once you get under the car though. Just pick up a set of Rhino ramps from Pep Boys. . .got mine pretty cheap from there.

Calvin

OK Cool...good to know. I think that I am going to get the Rhino Ramps (I saw them at Pep Boys on Rt. 1 a few days back and was tempted) and go from there. I'll drop you a message if I am still having problems. To drive the car up onto the ramps, do u need to support the back of them in any way? Or do u just drive up onto them and guesstimate when to stop? Thanks again.

cnk
    There are rubber pads on the bottom of the ramps to keep them in place. Just make sure you're on level ground. There's a lip towards the front of the ramp that will offer some resistance. Just take it slowly going up the ramp. Once it hits the top, you'll feel the car dip a bit. That's when you should stop going. I don't have any problems doing it myself, but if you want, have someone watch you the first time you do it so that you'll be a bit more comfortable. Roll down your windows as well so that you'll be able to hear the car going up the ramp and be able to better judge when to stop.

Calvin

OK cool....you know when I first learned to drive MT, with all of the problems that I had on even the most gradual of hills, I always though that people who were able to drive up on ramps with an MT were some type of magicians

cnk
    Nah. . it's pretty easy. Just have to coordinate your movements. I usually have my left hand on the steering wheel, left foot on clutch, right on gas, and right hand on the parking brake.

Calvin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12