Newbie seeks advice from experienced members....

This is a discussion on Newbie seeks advice from experienced members.... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I'm serious and basically made my decision on a used 2002 wrx w/ approx 40000km (or 24000 miles) ...

Newbie seeks advice from experienced members....

Hey guys,

I'm serious and basically made my decision on a used 2002 wrx w/ approx 40000km (or 24000 miles) on it. Its going to remain somewhat stock for a bit, until I can get more funds

All I'm concerned about is major/minor mechanical failures or recalls that have occured - are there any? Or is this a fairly reliable car overall. As well, is this car generally expensive to maintain?

Thanx for any help guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It seems like some people have been blowing tranny's. It probably depends on how it has been treated. The clutches were problematic on the early 02's, that would be a warranty issue. Those are the only problems I have heard of, which I have not had on my 03.

great, thanx a lot Lance

make sure you check for leaks and test drive it while listening to everything. Take it to a subaru mechanic if your not sure.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

Its going to be bought @ a subaru dealership, so I hope they do a good job :O

it should be certified then so if there is any problems as soon as you buy it, they should be taken care of.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

Thx for the tip I'll make sure its certified!

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    if you can...ask for the the receipts from the maintenance services that the car has received.I know that I keep all of mine. Also make sure that they were done at regular intervals.
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

oh yea...can't forget that