My car wont start after sprayer install

This is a discussion on My car wont start after sprayer install within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; HELP CAR WONT START after sprayer install (im retarded) ok, i hooked up another washer pump for an ic sprayer, ...

My car wont start after sprayer install

HELP CAR WONT START after sprayer install (im retarded)
    ok, i hooked up another washer pump for an ic sprayer, the negative goes to the negative terminal on my battery...

the positive goes to an accessory on/off switch in the cabin, which taps the ignition line to the ecu (red/blue) (is this wrong?), and its grounded the same spot as my turbotimer... i had tried to scotch lock off the tts power but it didnt work ( didnt turn on the pump), then i tapped power off the ignition line to the ecu and it worked fine....

unfortunetly i had to leave for a few hours and come back to my work, i left the battery connected, and when i went to start it back up this morning, it just cranks over but doesnt start

my tt says the battery is fine, but i do notice that when i put in the key the fuel pump doesnt run for a few seconds like its supposed to...

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED
    %100 angry black sedan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You either blew a fuse (hopefully) or fried your ECU. Check all the fuses and get back to us.

-Jim

glad i didnt fry the ecu, i blew a fuse and my fuel pump wouldnt run, figured that out a few hours after i made this post....
    what i wound up doing was running the pos and neg straight to the battery, rather than any power lines under tha dash, so now the pump will run iff the switch is hit and the car is off... i dont care about that since im the only one in my car

but is there a prob with running the switch completely off the batteries terminals??
    %100 angry black sedan

Originally posted by krillz
    but is there a prob with running the switch completely off the batteries terminals??
    Do you have an inline fuse?

-Jim

i need to get a fuse i guess, what kind? thanks again Platinum
    %100 angry black sedan

Originally posted by krillz
    i need to get a fuse i guess, what kind? thanks again Platinum
    10 Amp oughta do the trick.

-Jim