Jerky when crusin'
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Jerky when crusin' within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Is this normal? When I am at speed, any speed, say between 30 and 70. If I very lightly push ...

Jerky when crusin'

Is this normal?

When I am at speed, any speed, say between 30 and 70. If I very lightly push the gas just to maintain speed, it seem the car jerks back and forth a little. It is very minor, but it is a little annoying. almost feels like it is not getting enough gas with that throttle setting. Is there something that can be adjusted or is this just how it is?
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

is your a/c on or off??

i notice it on my 02 bone stock, it happens just at the tip in of the throttle right?
    Happen not to often but enough to make me mad.

Originally posted by Trypsin
    i notice it on my 02 bone stock, it happens just at the tip in of the throttle right?
    Happen not to often but enough to make me mad.
    Exactly, I wonder what it is? Mine happens all the time. If I barely touch the throttle it jerks.

AC is off.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

Originally posted by droogie
    Exactly, I wonder what it is? Mine happens all the time. If I barely touch the throttle it jerks.

AC is off.
    Same thing here. If this keeps up I'm gonna take it in to get it looked at. What mileage are you guys at? I'm only at 1400 so I chalked it up to break in????

Any chance you went to 17 inch tires? I did and the ride isn't as nice as it used to be- also the tires seem to follow grooves in the road- could this be your situtation?

I just got some STI engine mounts put in and they get rid of all that slop when you push on the throttle or take your foot off the gas. I am very pleased with them, makes the car much more solid.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

I have the original 16's. I wonder if the mounts would work. I would pop them in if they did because it is a little annoying
    '04 WRB premium package.

Yeah I am running with stock 16's too. This drive train really does need to be stiffened up. I wanted to do STI mounts myself.

Originally posted by OotabaJinga
    Any chance you went to 17 inch tires? I did and the ride isn't as nice as it used to be- also the tires seem to follow grooves in the road- could this be your situtation?
    Hey, I just got 17's as well. Sometimes the ride is a bit rough and it definitey seems to follow the grooves more than the stockers. I'm still trying to determine if i need to get mine rebalanced or if this is just normal with larger tires.

-=Brian
    05 OBP WRX STi

Is it really smart to jerk while you're cruising? Maybe you should pull over first.

I think it is a bug in the ecu, i have 24K miles has done it since it was new. I am to lazy to get it checked, so i live with it.

<homer> MMMM jerky when cruising </homer>

Haha I love to eat jerky on long drives. I get the Pacific Trail or something from Price Club teriyaki flavor.

asw soon as I did the grounding mod, redid the stock grounds, and got rid of the stock exhaust my car smoothed out real nicely.
    No one will truely be free until nerd persecution ends.

My car does this too! Its like the fuel is suddenly cut for a split second then restored. I thought it was the turbo kicking in and then going off. I don't think it has anything to do with the tranny or the engine mounts. It seems like a fuel management problem, I was thinking of trying that ECU reset trick to see if that fixes it.
    2001 Honda S2000 (sold)
    -------------------------
    2002 Subaru WRX

-------------------------
    2004 Axiom S

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.