Jerky when crusin' - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Jerky when crusin' within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally posted by RLsChMiDt it's the AWD ???????????????????????????????????????????...

Originally posted by RLsChMiDt
    it's the AWD
    ???????????????????????????????????????????
    --2004 WRB WRX--
    Still way too stock.

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    I like A/C for the sole reason that it makes the idle sound meaner.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

don't want to change that.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

Maybe it's the car in closed loop. Rich-lean-rich-lean-rich-lean...

My lumpy idle came back after a few thousand miles. Today I changed my fuel filter and it idles very smoothly. My car just turned 30K miles.
    No one will truely be free until nerd persecution ends.

I believe that this problem has to do with the way your mounts are designed. Stock mounts have quite a bit of play in them, so when you decellerate the engine tends to lean in one direction in the engine bay (Think off throttle cruising). Then, when you hit the throttle it tries to lean in the opposite direction, and bounces back a few times before settling.

That's why the STi mounts solve this problem. They are a higher durometer bushing, and therefore allow the engine to have less play.
    ~Justin Chou

http://www.topless-racing.com
    Car talk from car guys to car lovers.

TwinCam Motorsports
    Serving the East Bay with all your aftermarket needs.

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for rightousness, for they will be filled." Matthew 5:6

Quote Originally Posted by JustChou
    I believe that this problem has to do with the way your mounts are designed. Stock mounts have quite a bit of play in them, so when you decellerate the engine tends to lean in one direction in the engine bay (Think off throttle cruising). Then, when you hit the throttle it tries to lean in the opposite direction, and bounces back a few times before settling.

That's why the STi mounts solve this problem. They are a higher durometer bushing, and therefore allow the engine to have less play.

I cannot agree with that. It deffinately is fuel related. For me it happens in cruise at part throttle. The motor mounts should not be doing anything at that point but holding the engine. There is no significant torque increase or decrease at the time. My hunch is that the ecu is momentarily switching over from an aggressive map to a more mundane one. It happens alot after I have accelarated and then cruise for about 10 - 30 seconds, thne bam it happens. Warmer days seem to make it more noticable too.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Quote Originally Posted by droogie
    Exactly, I wonder what it is? Mine happens all the time. If I barely touch the throttle it jerks.

AC is off.

Same here, never noticed it when stock i thought it just maybe that i need to be re tunned to get my A/F setup for my mods
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Has anybody tried something as simple as cleaning the MAF sensor? That's a classic cause of jerky throttle response. There's a thread on it somewhere here...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.