Jerky when crusin' - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Jerky when crusin' within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ^^^^ i get the same thing in my car and i have already upgraded the fuel system. see mods below. ...

^^^^ i get the same thing in my car and i have already upgraded the fuel system. see mods below. i think it is something to do with the sloppiness of the mounts and or the grounding. im going to preform the grounding mod today. see if it helps some
    godspeed uppipe, hks downpipe, vf30, sti injectors, supra tt fuel pump, k&n filter, carbon fiber hood, jdm headlights, unichip, samco i/c hoses, blitz dtt tt, blitz nur spec exhaust, turbo xs boost controller, vivid racing short shifter, whiteline flatout springs. still need bigger intercooler!!!
    time to start working on the s13

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I was just thinking about this post.

For me... I replaced my Stock BOV with my APS and that bucking seems to have gone away. I mean I still have motor mount movement. But the over all hesitation feeling seems to have smoothed out.

I let the dealer check it out and they said it was normal. They didn't say what causes it. I don't know if it is my imagination but since gutting the uppipe the problem seems to have become less noticable. It is still there though.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

I understood that a grounding mod would fix this problem. It would help smooth out the readings from the 02 sensors and create a smoother on/off-throttle ride. I don't know if it will fix it, because I haven't gotten around to doing a grounding mod yet. Anyone have a grounding mod and NOT notice this problem?

I say this because,
    One of my friends has a JDM B18 put into his EG6. The engine runs fine, but it had a very strange jerkyness to it when he'd let of the throttle and got on it again at mid RPM. He did a custom grounding mod and the jerkyness disappeared. I figured it was under the same principle.
    Last edited by WRXG0blin; 07-17-2003 at 02:35 AM.
    -1986 RX-7 GXL
    -2002 Blue WRX Wagon (given up)
    -2001 Prelude, (sold)
    -1989 Accord, (sold)
    -1984 Dodge RamCharger (Sold)

grounding mod didn't do crap for me except blow money. However it will benefit me when I put my stereo in.

The bouncyness went away with my BOV swap.

I just got my prodrive stage 2 chip and that fixed everything, it made the car so much smoother. I don't know what they did, but the engine is very smooth now. not to mention more power

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

It must be something with the ecu then. Some setting that creates the bucking when giving slight throttle. I hope to get a utec soon, so I hope that will help.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

I get a weird jerking feeling when I'm anywhere from 60% to WOT. As soon as the turbo kicks in, I get this weird jerk, like it kicks in and out, that's usually around 4000 RPM... its kind of annoying.
    --2004 WRB WRX--
    Still way too stock.

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    I like A/C for the sole reason that it makes the idle sound meaner.

I was doing some research on short ram intakes and found a guy that said his car was running like it had air bubbles in the gas lines after his short ram install. Kind of like what we are experincing. The car is kind of jerky, like it gets fuel cut for for a fraction of a second. I wonder if it has something to do with the stock air intake? maybe we are running lean or something?
    2001 Honda S2000 (sold)
    -------------------------
    2002 Subaru WRX

-------------------------
    2004 Axiom S

Another thing i noticed is it is different on different days. Some days it is more noticable than others. I hope to have a UTEC soon so maybe that will solve the probs.
    '04 WRB premium package.

Originally posted by droogie
    Another thing i noticed is it is different on different days. Some days it is more noticable than others. I hope to have a UTEC soon so maybe that will solve the probs.
    I feel the same way. Some days its smooth as hell, other days I feel like I'm driving a tow truck on steroids.

-Blue
    --2004 WRB WRX--
    Still way too stock.

I was just going to say the same thing, both my friend and I had this problem but his was much worse, my friend made a grounding kit for us and our problems are gone. I'd say the grounds suck in the WRX.

Originally posted by pityr
    asw soon as I did the grounding mod, redid the stock grounds, and got rid of the stock exhaust my car smoothed out real nicely.

Another thing I noticed, it isn't really noticable when the car is cold, I notice it more after about 1/2 hour of driving. The adjusments the ecu makes after the car warms up seems to cause it. I might look in to the grounding mod. I am definatly going to get a UTEC someday.
    '04 WRB premium package.

What does the grounding do that changes this???
    --2004 WRB WRX--
    Still way too stock.

it's the AWD
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.